QC Technical Supervisor required for busy Cork based Pharmaceutical
An opportunity exists to join the Quality Control Leadership team on a 12 month assignment reporting to the Quality Control Team Leader.
Main Areas of Responsibility
In brief the role involves but is not be limited to the following:
- The role works closely with the QC Laboratory Team Leaders to deliver the QC business value element of the sites value stream organization.
- Improve laboratory RFT through the use of effective root cause analysis and corrective/preventative actions for LIs (and lab errors) and also improvements to analytical testing (process mapping etc).
- Support effective root cause analysis and timely closure of investigations.
- Be a change agent within the QC department by facilitating and leading appropriate change projects.
- Ensure the QC Analysts are adequately developed and trained to perform their duties.
- Lead Continuous Improvement culture within the QC Team.
- Support and maintain the IMEx programme to optimise efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain a strict code of conduct with regard to cGMP, safety and housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Ensures all laboratory supplies (chemicals, hardware, glassware, and consumables) are purchased, safely stored, and stocks maintained at a level which supports all testing requirements.
- Be cost focused and support budget within area.
- Support other activities within the QC Department as required.
Knowledge and Experience:-
The ideal candidate should have:
- An appropriate third level qualification (Degree) in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Proven supervisory experience in a relevant technical role in a pharmaceutical/healthcare laboratory.
- The ideal candidate will be a self starter with the ability to work on their own initiative and within teams.
- Excellent ability to deliver results, with strong interpersonal , communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of 6 sigma, Lean and Continuous Improvement.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists