Abbott Ireland are looking for a Purchasing Group Leader to join the Vascular Division located in Clonmel.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 10 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Vascular Division – Clonmel
Abbott Vascular is one of the world's leading vascular care businesses. Abbott Vascular is uniquely focused on advancing the treatment of vascular disease and improving patient care by combining the latest medical device innovations with world-class pharmaceuticals, investing in research and development and advancing medicine through training and education.
Our broad line of vascular devices–which includes vessel closure, endovascular and coronary technologies–are used to treat vessel diseases of the heart, carotid arteries and peripheral blood vessels. These vessel diseases can lead to heart attack, stroke, critical limb ischemia and other serious vascular conditions.
We are looking for a Purchasing Group Leader to join the Vascular Division located in Clonmel and this role will involve the following:
Provides supervision and leadership to indirect purchasing exempt and non-exempt personnel who are responsible for the procurement of manufacturing support materials and spares, purchase order administration and contracts management. Evaluates performance of direct reports and supports career development activities. Ensures that programme and project objectives are met, budgets are adhered to and metrics are captured and published.
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and co-ordinating the selection process with human resources.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Responsible for non-inventory and engineering purchasing.
- Responsible for driving cost savings and vendor performance to target levels
- Responsible for the maintenance of specifc service contract implementation, including gowning, security, cleaning and canteen services
- Responsible for the renewal and maintenance of site contracts, liasing with legal services as required
- Maintains ownership for the purchasing policy and updating in conjunction with corporate requirements and implementation of the same
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to experienced exempt employees, or skilled non-exempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, completing Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), responding to requests and explaining procedures. Specific links with Corporate Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing to support the Abbott Strategy
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organisational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organisational unit.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (for example, compliance with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), British Standards Institution (BSI), Equal Empoyment Opportunity regulations (EEO) etcetera).
- Monitors internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading organisational literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental reports
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budget through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Maintains personnel records and where appropriate develops work schedules for department personnel.
Education & Job Skills
- Experience/Education) National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 6+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- (Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills) Monitors progress of exempt individuals, teams, supervisors or non-exempt technical individuals toward departmental goals. Monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit. Monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility. Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- (Cognitive Skills) Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilisation of human and material resources within the assigned area or related departments, Facilitates others involvement in the continuous improvement programme. Investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel within the assigned unit.
- (Influence/Leadership) Promotes the attainment of group goals by selecting, motivating, and training capable staff. Provides leadership to assigned units by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving group objectives.
- (Planning/Organisation) Schedules human and material resources within a group or section in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure their availability. Carries out operations within an established budget....