Bausch + Lomb Waterford is currently recruiting an Automation Engineer on a permanent basis. This appointment can be made at a mid or senior level.
Bausch + Lomb Waterford is currently recruiting an Automation Engineer on a permanent basis. This appointment can be made at a mid or senior level
The successful candidate would execute projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplined, cross-functional team environment
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new technologies, controls and vision systems to improve cost and quality of existing strategic medical device products.
- Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and manufacturing validation.
- Develop and manage project schedules/detailed work plans in order to meet overall project goals. Communicate status of project activities on a regular basis.
- Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems and acquisition software, machine controls and PLC/SCADA software. Interface with SQA, QA and Operations groups to successfully validate software systems. Author and execute software test scripts as required.
- Provide automation requirements and implement solutions for product lines and/or capacity expansions.
- Provide technical and controls core competency support, including training to Operations and Engineering personnel on an as-needed basis, including possible off-hours, remote and onsite coverage rotation
- Travel to vendor locations for project reviews may be required.
Education, Experience & Skills required:
- Degree in Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Computer Systems or Electronic Engineering or other similar technology degree – or equivalent training/experience
- Experience in high volume low cost manufacturing systems development desired
- Knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies, statistical analysis and machine vision fundamentals a plus.
- Must be able to work with Operations staff, Manufacturing/Maintenance technicians and engineers in cross-functional team setting.
- 3+ years’ experience with development, integration and project management of automated control systems including Vision systems, PLC’s, motion control, robotics, HMI’s and SCADA control systems software
- Desirable: Experience with equipment build, process automation, machine vision systems development and medical products a plus. Experience working in a cGMP/FDA regulated environment
Interested parties should forward a copy of their CV via the link below. Have a nice day