Project Manager / Scrum Master
Position: Project Manager / Scrum Master
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: €70,000 - €80,000 per year Fixed Term Contract
Contract Type: Initial 12 Months
Start Date: Up to 1 Months' Notice Period Accommodated
PROJECT MANAGER / SCRUM MASTER
Our client a world leading financial services provider is seeking an Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master to join their team based in Dublin City Centre on an initial 12-month contract basis.
As a Project Manager / Scrum master, you'll lead the design, planning and delivery of small to medium-sized IT and/or business change projects from inception to project closure, and deliver within agreed scope on time, budget and quality
Project Manager / Scrum Master KEY Responsibilities:
- Act a scrum master / project manager and lead an Agile project team through application of Agile principles, practices and behaviours.
- Determining when project risks and issues can be dealt with internally, and where they need to be escalated to senior stakeholders.
- Building strong relationships with project team members and other stakeholders, when typically there is no direct line management responsibility.
- Effectively managing projects with limited resources, within a cost pressured environment.
- Effectively balancing long and short term objectives to meet agreed timescales within an environment of change.
- Lead the initial scoping of the project to ensure business case, project objectives, deliverables and success measures are appropriately defined.
- Apply project management tools and techniques appropriately, to effectively manage the project to successful delivery.
- Successfully secure appropriate resources for the project at the outset, and maintain this throughout the project to ensure projects are adequately resourced.
- Produce high quality project documentation, including plans, actions, decisions, risks, issues, incidents, and governance in line with the project objectives to ensure successful delivery.
- Identify and actively manage stakeholders throughout the project to ensure project sponsor, steering group and other stakeholders are kept informed of project progress.
- Work within the defined project governance framework to ensure risks and issues associated with the project are appropriately recorded and monitored.
- Develop a network of contacts internally and externally to draw on and share best practice of project management.
- Conduct project reviews to ensure projects are formally closed, reviewed and that lessons learned are captured and actioned as appropriate.
Project Manager / Scrum Master Requirements:
- Project and programme management
Plans, initiates, executes controls and closes projects /programmes /portfolios of work in a disciplined manner. Tracks and manages resources, timelines, costs, deliverables and performance.
- Resource management
Efficient and effective deployment of organisational resources to deliver business results. Resources may include financial resources, inventory, people skills, production resources, or information technology.
- Planning and organising
Organises, prioritises and, where applicable, delegates work activities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives. Includes the principles of time management and multi-tasking.
- Stakeholder management
Interprets and influences both the external and internal environments by creating positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
- Delivering results
Meeting and exceeding performance goals and expectations to deliver results.
- Managing change
Employs appropriate processes, structures, tools and behaviours to lead and/or control change initiatives. Applies a structured approach to drive and support change on an individual, team and/or organisational level.