Project / Application Manager
The successful candidate will be a proactive self starter, with a proven record of taking initiative, wo
Project / Application Manager
The successful candidate will be a proactive self starter, with a proven record of taking initiative, working without supervision and leading strategic requirements through to successful completion. Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential as is the ability to multitask and work with stakeholders in diverse locations.
• Gain an in-depth understanding of business requirements and challenges and manage systems and applications to support business.
• Manage project development from initiation to closure
• Be accountable for project results, along with the project sponsor
Work with project sponsor to facilitate the project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverable, required resources, budget and timing
• Facilitate initial proposal meetings and ongoing discussions throughout the project lifecycle
• Complete work breakdown structure in EPIC to estimate effort required for each task and identify when each task will be performed
• Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Act as a mediator between team members and stakeholders
• Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle
• Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms
• Work with the project sponsor to provide initial and then detailed project estimates
• Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor
• Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis
• Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved
• Ensure customer satisfaction is met, monitored and measured in a consistent and timely manner.
• Ensure all documentation is available, complete and accurate for reporting and audit purposes.
• Ensure all project documents are appropriately archived following project completion.
• Ensure all Project tracking and SDLC phase processes are followed for audit control. • Initial and detailed estimates for all projects
• Excellent working knowledge of EPIC, Reporting allocation, ETC and actuals for all projects.
• Ownership of Year end process management and yearly calendar job creation.
• Reporting to management
• Updating the weekly project status
• Present monthly to senior technical management.
Position Requirement and Education:
• 3 -5 years client management expertise, 2 -3 years experience as a lead project or team manager
• Experience with relevant project management tools and software, especially Microsoft Excel and Project. Experience with CMMi / ITIL Fundamentals.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strategic, operational and technical management skills
• Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
• PMI PMP certification strongly preferred
• Third level Degree or equivalent qualification
• Experience in virtual or remote team management
• Self- motivated with the ability to work in and lead teams, meet deadlines, an enthusiasm for the practice of project management and learning new disciplines
• A mainframe background is a plus.