The role requires a commercially-orientated and financially-savvy programme management professional to have responsibility for operational delivery of all programmes, including project planning, budget tracking, resource management and quality management.
Programme Operations Director (Blended Higher Education & Training)
Full Time Position (initially 1 year fixed-term contract)
Based at Digital Skills Academy in Dublin’s Digital Hub, our Programmes Operations Director will report directly to the CEO, with additional strategic financial direction provided by our Financial Controller. The role requires a commercially-orientated and financially-savvy programme management professional to have responsibility for operational delivery of all programmes, including project planning, budget tracking, resource management, requirements & scope management and quality management, including:
- Becoming, through your work with Digital Skills Academy, a world-leader in the delivery of educational experiences that develop and transform human talent, effectively and efficiently
- Planning detailed schedules and timetables, ensuring optimal use of facilities and resources, and optimal assignment of human resources
- Ensuring comprehensive project plans deliver on all required tasks successfully
- Communicating project plans with staff teams
- Driving teams to meet milestone dates and escalate issues impacting on milestones immediately to the CEO
- Procurement and cost management to ensure budgets are tracked costs controlled
- Concurrently supporting the functioning of a diverse team of academic programme leaders, curriculum leaders, instructional / learning designers, and teaching assistants of up to 50+ people
- Supporting the organisation’s business development functions including programme development, new business acquisition, public relations, and marketing
- Directing programme delivery operations to achieve the goal of delivering great learning content and fulfilling educational experiences
The successful candidate will have direct reports in the following areas: QA (Quality Assurance) Management; Programme Coordination; Programme Administration; Admissions; Accounts; HR; Facilities; Participant Support; and IT Operations.
The appointee will work in conjunction with Academic Programme Leaders, and their teaching teams, to ensure the successful execution of education, training and talent development programmes.
You will work with these colleagues to deliver education content and learning experiences in line with Digital Skills Academy’s pedagogical methodology, built on the following pillars:
- Facilitating project-based learning & assessment;
- Promoting teamwork and collaborative working methods;
- Nurturing creativity and techniques for creative problem-solving;
- Encouraging peer learning;
- Fostering the conditions to support entrepreneurship.
Our Programmes Operations Director will also work to ensure the organisation’s operations support the CEO in business development functions, enabling business growth and commercial success.
- A minimum honours-degree qualification in engineering or computer science
- Excellent high-level understanding of technology and conversant with IT operations
- A minimum of 10 years experience in similar relevant roles within a dynamic, fast moving projects
- A minimum of 3 years experience in managing eLearning projects
- Experience in designing learning programmes
- Deep understanding of the eLearning and/or higher education sectors
- Experience of managing more than 1 project at a time
- Proven experience in improving project process and control
- Exceptionally strong project management skills, and a passion for operational and logistical excellence
- Proven ability to deliver projects, on time and within budget, and proven experience in budget management and financial reporting
- Exceptional time management and strong organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise projects accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal and proven communication skills at peer, stakeholder and vendor levels
- Be able to motivate team members
- Positive, proactive, can do attitude to problem solving and issue management
- Self-motivating and good decision maker
- Passion for education and a customer-service orientated approach
- Entrepreneurial spirit: willing to grow the role and apply leading edge methods to delivery
- Precision-attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- A first-class honours-degree (or at least a 2.1) in engineering or computer science
- A postgraduate qualification in education, digital media, business or project management
- Hand-on experience in running education or training programmes / courses
- Proven understanding of the needs of Learners at a range of education qualification levels
- Experience in managing or designing ‘blended’ learning programmes
- Creative with a good eye for design concepts
- Understands the skills required in the digital technology sector
- Experience of managing projects across multiple locations
- Experience of media/digital media sector and Internet products and services
Budgeting & Operational Logistics
- Plans, tracks and monitors programme timetables precisely
- Matches use of facilities to human resources
- Manages and monitors staff costs and inputs
- Manages and monitors resources and facilities costs
- Ensures budgets are tracked correctly
- Reports regularly and effectively with the CEO and Financial Controller
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Holds regular status meetings with Operations, Academic Programme and Business Development teams
- Keeps Operations, Academic Programme and Business Development teams well informed of changes within the organization and general organisational news
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Reports regularly and effectively with the CEO
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Awareness of each team member's contributions
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Works closely with Academic Programme Leaders and their teams to ensure the achievement of targets for retention of participants
- Works closely with Academic Programme Leaders to set and manage participant expectations
- Works closely with Academic Programme Leaders and Business Development to ensure the achievement of key target numbers in participant entry (admissions) and participant exit (job placement and progression in education)
- Ensure regular evaluations and feedback surveys are completed by participants
A competitive contract is offered relative to experience and a performance bonus will be included.
Please click the Submit button to send a cover email, outlining why you believe you’re the right candidate for the role, attaching your current CV.
Closing date: Friday December 7th 2012. Early applications will be accepted for review and interview.