Production Planner required for pharmaceutical company in the West of Ireland
Production Planner required for pharmaceutical company in the West of Ireland. This role reports to the head of production.
The main background they are looking for is Scheduling/ideally manufacturing/pharma background
The company work off a 12-16 week plans.
There are 3 areas of production so it will be scheduling for all these areas.
You will be working with production supervisors, also involved in shipping meetings, good customer service and ability to manage relationships.
The main experience required is
- 2 years experience of planning / scheduling in a regulated industry ideally pharmaceuticals.
- Experience of production, manufacturing or packing operations essential
- Engineering/ Business degree or equivalent Industry experience.
- Qualification in or studying for APICS,
- Advanced MS Excel
- Must be a self starter and able to work on own initiative
- Support the preparation of the Sales & Operations Planning business Process
- To ensure that forecasts for the assigned area of responsibility are converted to orders at the time fences.
- To assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability and define the first promise date for delivery
- To maintain the MRP data on the system for assigned products and areas
- To review monthly the capacity loading for the assigned workcentre reporting potential bottlenecks and issues.
- Prepare assigned schedule in co-operation with relevant departments.
- To prioritise planned production in assigned areas in the case conflicts and bottlenecks.
- To liaise with purchasing and artwork control to manage BOM changes inline with customer requirements and open orders to ensure that stock write offs are minimised.
- Liaise with customer with regard to delivery dates, order status, etc. for the areas assigned
- Manage schedules such that short shelf materials are identified and consumed before expiring.
- Prepare supply chain metrics on a weekly basis.
- Manage the assigned shipping schedules
Please call Fiona Keane on 091 507 502 or 086 027 9952 if you would like further information