PE Global are currently recruiting for Production Manager for one of our clients in Cork. This is a permanent role.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Production Planning, recruitment & organisation of Key Resources to meet production targets and maximise outputs within the plant;
- Promote a safety culture within the site and set and monitor adherence to all Environmental, Health & Safety standards and procedures;
- Leads and Manages team of Production Co-ordinators and shift managers. Planning, recruiting, organising , managing and developing key resources within the Team to create and sustain a high performance work team to drive overall plant performance;
- Lead customer audits/meetings and overall key operations contact.
- Act as a point of escalation and support to the Front Line Managers in resolving any people related issues within the plant;
- Key role in driving and implementing continuous improvement in your area and continually improve communications through effective workgroups, VM Meetings, PSEs and the utilisation of all other relevant CI tools;
- Drive improvements in EHS metrics ensuring all employees are aware of and conform to their responsibilities;
- Responsible for enforcing close-out of corrective actions arising from accident/incident investigations within a designated timeframe;
- Monitor, deliver and report against key performance indicators on a weekly basis. KPIs include product costs, labour costs, plant efficiency (uptime), OEE, product yield, product quality, H&S, effluent targets,
- Promote a culture of excellence by ensuring all product is made to defined quality standards and meets the customer specifications;
- Responsible for ensuring all quality regulatory compliance standards are met e.g. FSSC 22000 Food Safety
- Implementation, Food Safety & Hygiene, Good Manufacturing Practice and Housekeeping.
Education and Experience required:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline (Science, Engineering);
- 5+ years experience at management level
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation and a proven working relationship with people;
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV to or call Catherine on 021429700