Product Analyst - Technical Solution Design Java
Product Analyst - Technical Solution Design - Insurance Solutions
FINEOS is a market leading provider of core software solutions for Insurance and Government Social Insurance. Our flagship product, FINEOS Claims is the insurance industry's best of breed solution for all Injury, Illness and Loss claims. FINEOS has an enviable track record of 100% successful, high quality implementations delivering tangible business benefits which exceed customer expectations. Established in 1993, the company delivers innovative solutions to a global market and has customers, employees and established bases in North America, Europe, Africa and the Asia Pacific markets. For more information, visit www.FINEOS.com
The Senior Analyst is responsible for providing support to FINEOS teams and producing high quality design solutions and documentation to satisfy customer and market requirements. The Senior Analyst will drive and extract requirements and will be responsible for solution design and estimation whilst continually improving product and market knowledge to enable them to meet customer and market requirements.
- Analyse Customer requirements, identify matches to existing FINEOS core product functionality and identify application gaps.
- Generation of high quality, on-budget, fit for purpose FINEOS solution designs to meet customer and market business needs.
- Production of high quality functional specifications outlining the proposed solution to meet customer requirements to include User Interface Specifications.
- Production of high quality technical specifications to be used as the basis for construction. These will include details of data modelling, functional changes and underlying updates to FINEOS framework.
- Support FINEOS teams in a Subject Matter Expert (SME) capacity through completion of FINEOS Product questions, adhoc requests for product expertise etc.
- Support the Development and TE Teams during the construction and quality assurance phases of a project, taking responsibility for the realisation of a solution through the analysis, development and quality assurance phases of the project.
- Produce estimates associated with the scope outlined in each functional and technical specification.
- Focus on continuous improvements in processes and product to increase productivity and quality.
- As a senior member of the FINEOS team carry out all tasks with a strong focus on Project Delivery, Timelines, Budget (reviewing estimates in line with project placeholder), Quality and Product growth & Strategy with an acute awareness of the commercial impacts of design decisions, risks and delays.
- Manage Risk; early identification of project risk, with appropriate communication, management and escalation of issues in a timely manner, with a strong focus on risk minimisation and issue resolution.
- Support and mentor other members of the Analysis team, overseeing feature development and influencing solution direction using knowledge of legacy solution/design decisions.
Job Specific Expertise
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in the software industry, with at least 4 years of experience in an Analysis and\or client facing role.
- The ability to translate complex business requirements to technical specifications is critical to this role. Experience with both green field projects and enhancing existing solution designs.
- Experience in modelling complex data in a structured and flexible manner using OO Analysis and Design (OOAD) & notation (UML).
- Experience in Requirements management from upfront Requirements gathering &/ facilitation, to clarification and traceability of requirements throughout SDLC.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to drive solutions and influence decision making.
- Risk and Issues management critical to this role.
- Project, commercials and budget mindset critical to this role.
- Knowledge & understanding of the financial services industry a distinct advantage.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Financial services experience or qualification is desirable.
- Degree in a business or IT related discipline is desirable.
- Knowledge of CRM or Claims Management systems is an advantage.
IT / Technical Skills
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Structured Analysis and Design methods, e.g. Object-Oriented analysis and design.
- Data modeling tools, e.g. Visual Paradigm, etc.
- Screen design tools, e.g. Balsamiq, MS Visio, etc.
- Knowledge of Java an advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience of database platforms such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, etc. an advantage.