OpenHydro is a technology business that designs and manufactures marine turbines to genera
OpenHydro is a technology business that designs and manufactures marine turbines to generate renewable energy from tidal streams. The company's vision is to deploy farms of tidal turbines under the world's oceans - silently and invisibly generating electricity at no cost to the environment. For more information visit .
Scope of Position:
The ideal person will come from an engineering background, heavily focussed on procurement, with several years experience of reading and understanding technical drawings. Key to the role will be sourcing new suppliers, developing and maintaining commercial relationships, and ensuring highest quality of product or service is achieved whilst focusing on value for money. Development of a robust and agile supply chain in support of internal and external stakeholders will be the key to the success of the role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the development of sourcing strategies and innovation in delivering large complex international projects.
- Responsibility for component and material procurement to include supplier selection, price benchmarking and price negotiation for turbine production and associated deployment works.
- Supplier relationship management including contract negotiation, monitoring supplier performance, volume leverage and total cost management.
- Conduct studies of material costs and supplier services and recommend changes in purchasing procedures to improve service and/or reduce cost.
- Identify cost reductions, efficiency opportunities and contribute to the achievement of efficiency targets including the development of KPI’s to track improvements of budget vs actual spend.
- Managing a range of preferred suppliers, developing positive supplier relationships aligned to business objectives and ensure adherence to contractual commitments.
- Carry out supplier audits in support of the development of an approved vendor list (AVL).
- Compliance with internal policies, procedures and external governance.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Professional qualification in Procurement and / or Engineering.
- 5+ years’ senior experience in procurement / project / tendering roles.
- Commercially literate.
- OJEU experience desirable.
- Highly organised with excellent project & time management skills.
- System orientated with excellent Microsoft skills and ERP / SAP experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with a "can-do" attitude.