Process Improvement Engineer based in Roscommon
Brightpath Recruitment have an opportunity for a Process Improvement Engineer to join a team of experts in the design, development, manufacturing, and assembly of complex medical devices and components. This company creates technologies that can save or enhance people’s lives. They have been in business for over 35 years and because they are creating components or devices that will be used to save or enhance a person’s life, there is a commitment to achieving the highest standards of quality in everything they do.
What’s on Offer
This is an excellent career opportunity with a company that are a people-driven and as such, empower all employees to develop new and better ways of working and to keep growing, personally and professionally. This company is committed to improving the lives of their employees and others through better health and well-being.
The role of Continuous Improvement Engineer is to improve product and process quality, reduce down time and cost, and to strengthen problem solving and error proofing throughout the company. To deliver projects as determined and scoped by the company within agreed time lines and budgets.
- Lead cross-functional teams to investigate and troubleshoot key areas of company concerns using a structured approach, such as Six-Sigma methodology.
- Define and execute projects in a time and resource efficient manner controlling associated budgets.
- Achieve project goals as agreed with the management team.
- Target projects which will have the biggest impact in terms of improving key business metrics.
- Set up robust data collection systems that will support and drive projects and their continued monitoring after completion.
- Using best practices, identify areas of improvements in order to reduce variances in product, practice, and processes
- Give guidance to cross functional Core Teams and Green Belt Engineers in relation to projects/tasks under their control
- Through analysis of existing metrics and data, identify areas of potential concern before they arise and take action to prevent occurrence of the failure
- Drive and create a culture of continuous improvement within all areas of the company.
- Up skill the current technical resources to manage and support improvement projects in all areas of the business.
- Draft and present project plans and reviews to the management team and other relevant stake holders.
What you need to succeed:
- Degree in Engineering or Science discipline
- Will ideally hold a lean six sigma black belt qualification
- Has a proven track record in managing a number of successful projects through to completion.
- Proven track record in Project Planning and Execution.
- Ideally hold a lean six sigma qualification and working towards black belt accreditation.
- A strong working knowledge of plastics and plastic processing technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in a medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing industry is necessary.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485:2003, specifically in the areas of Change Control and Validation.
- Must be innovative and have a good technical aptitude.