This role will be to develop/design and implement cost justified process and equipment improvements with minimal impact to production operating under a 24/7 environment.
Process Equipment Engineer
Process Equipment Engineer required to join a leading medical device manufacturing facility in Waterford. This role will be to develop/design and implement cost justified process and equipment improvements with minimal impact to production operating under a 24/7 environment.
- Co-ordination of Front End technician daily activities
- Identify and eliminate repetitious machine failures
- Provide consultative support to the Manufacturing and Maintenance groups
- Utilise Lean Six Sigma tools and data to drive continuous improvement
- Develop and Implement Safety and Quality improvements
- Develop methods to ensure personnel engaged in operations\maintenance activities have sufficient knowledge to perform their assigned tasks
- Prepare design specifications and associated documentation for equipment and system upgrades
- Fault-finding \ troubleshooting of equipment and process issues
- Implement improvements under change control
- Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from formal and informal User Requirement Specifications
- Be familiar with 21 CFR part 820 guidelines
- Present, where appropriate, technical data to internal/external audit and inspection groups
- Ensure Health and Safety Regulations and Procedure are adhered to at all times for self and others
- Bachelors in Engineering (mechanical \ electronic) preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years in technical role in high volume manufacturing environment.
- Injection Moulding experience preferred
- Solidworks experience preferred
- Six sigma experience preferred
- Good problem solving abilities - able to identify facts, consider alternative approaches and evaluate the most appropriate action
- Medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Experience working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control is preferred.
For more information contact Paul on 01 6455 250 or email