Process Engineer | Sligo based permanent | Competitive salary | Medical Device sector | Please contact Davin at Collins McNicholas tel: 071 91 40251 email: email@example.com
Process Engineer - Sligo
Medical Device manufacturer in Sligo currently seeking a Process Engineer on a full-time permanent basis. Excellent role within a growing global organisation who offer excellent career prospects and opportunities to get involved in many ongoing engineering projects. Outline of the role as follows:
- Process & Equipment Validation. Generating validation documentation and executing validation protocols.
- Provide engineering technical expertise in the form of project identification, development, and management.
- Research, develop, and prepare specifications for new processes, equipment, and technology.
- Manage projects by developing a project schedule, tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting team meetings, and communicating issues and progress to management.
- Prepare Request for Capital Investments including project description, schedule, budget and resource requirements.
- Lead the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterisation, optimisation and troubleshooting of key processes and equipment. Summarise, analyse and draw conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Provide leadership and guidance to technicians regarding Projects and process issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of Lean methodologies, and process improvement tools in identification and elimination of "waste" process steps and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- To prepare technical documentation such as standard operating procedures, technical reports, engineering calculations, change controls and other documentation as required.
- Supervise vendors in the performance of contracted services including the installation of new equipment and processes.
- Design and development of tooling and fixtures for the introduction of new products and improvement of existing processes.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
Your qualifications knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering , Mechanical/ Mechatronics or closely related discipline
- Minimum of 3 Years Post Graduate experience, previous experience in a regulated environment desirable
- Strong Technical Engineering knowledge
- Experience in 3D Cad, e.g. Solidworks
- Knowledge of Software packages such as project management, spreadsheets, word processing etc
- Strong communication skills, including ability to advise and influence.
- Strong motivation and initiative required
- Knowledge of DOE and statistical analysis desirable
- Previous Experience in the design and development of machinery desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!