This Management position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration unit of SEI.
This individual will be required to work run a dedicated Private Equity team in a high growth area of SEI. Reporting into the Head of Private Equity, this individual will be responsible for interacting with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Candidates must have a high level of understanding of Private Equity / Real Estate structures and related investment types and will ultimately be responsible for the day today running of the Private Equity team and the management of a portfolio of Private Equity clients.
- Serve as main daily client operational contact for the Private Equity Department.
- To fully support the Head of Private Equity and assist in strategic business decision making.
- To assist the Head of Private Equity in growing the PE unit including assisting in sales pitches, hiring staff and developing workflows, operating models and best practices.
- Work with Business Development team in assessing new opportunities.
- Develop relationships with all client contacts including investment professionals, investors, lawyers, auditors and banking personnel.
- Represent SEI and present Administrator’s report at Fund Board Meetings.
- Supervise staff accountants on systems, processing, procedures and job responsibilities;
- Train, coach and mentor new employees, develop and motivate staff within their sub-unit;
- Provide input and feedback regarding employees’ ongoing performance / development / performance appraisals;
- Review and approve work performed by fund accountants / analysts;
- Review and approve quarterly Management accounts for each structure
- Review Limited Partnership Agreements and OM’s pre-launch of each Fund and have the ability to identify and highlight potential operating issues.
- Work closely with the Private Equity Investor Servicing team.
- Understand, prepare and review waterfall calculations.
- Coordinate annual fund audits.
- Problem, error and query resolution on a timely basis.
- Meet all reporting deliverables;
- Enforce adherence to service standards and specified deadlines;
- Idea generation and ongoing assessment and improvement of operational service model;
- Maintain a good working relationship with external clients as well as with internal relationship managers and other business units within SEI;
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental procedures;
- Carry out all duties assigned to your role under the Company’s Safety Statement, to ensure Health, Safety and Well-being for all employees for whom you have responsibility;
- Work on Projects / Adhoc tasks as required.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a Fund Administration role with at least 5 of those working in a Private Equity role.
- Experience in working on a Private Equity accounting system, preferably Investran.
- Have a strong knowledge of Private Equity structures, various Fund domiciles regulatory requirements and waterfall calculations
- Have experience in reviewing Limited Partnership Agreements and OM’s
- Experience in supervisory / management skills and/or coaching / mentoring;
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong Coordination and Relationship Management skill;
- Fluency in English Language (both verbal and written) essential;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities;
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude with excellent problem solving skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time to maximize efficiency and to meet strict deadlines;
- Flexible / Adaptable;
- P.C. proficient;
- Third Level Degree in Finance or related field.
- ACCA qualified preferable but not essential