Fidelity Investments seek a Principal Data Architect for Dublin. You will be responsible for developing data architecture blueprints, data modeling and data quality analysis.
Reporting to the Program Manager for CLRS (Compliance Legal, Risk and Security) in Ireland, you will be responsible for developing data architecture blueprints, data modeling and data quality analysis initially in the Compliance Forensic Data Warehouse and then hold this responsibility across the entire CLRS group, for multiple products supporting Compliance, Legal Risk and Security functions for the organisation.
As a member of the Compliance Forensic Data Warehouse team you will be accountable for designing and the implementation of data model across all layers of the data warehouse, with particular emphasis on performance to SLA, ease of use from reporting perspective and measurement of data quality.
- Develop logical and physical data models for CLRS warehouse and product lines within the overall group working in collaboration with Product Managers, Business stakeholders, Product/line architects and development teams.
- Responsible for developing standards, tools, best practices, and development methodologies to enhance Data Governance, metadata management and other data management capabilities using standard tool sets like Informatica, Power Designer and SQL access tools.
- Accountable for developing, maintaining, CLRS data models, strategy, and roadmaps
- Evaluate and recommend frameworks for building cross product data assets to optimize flow of data across products, data quality across products thus enabling improved time to market
- Provide proactive technical oversight and advise to other development teams within the group, fostering re-use, design for scale, stability, and operational efficiency of data/analytical solutions
- Maintain effective relationships with product managers, application architects and technical leads for individual products within CLRS group
- Form a relationship with CTG overall Architecture Team , understanding and implementing any data architecture strategy defined
- Resolve any issues identified in the data model structure
Management of any data modeling changes through all stages of development to production, ensuring code is managed within code version control software and the release(s) is in accordance with Fidelity release standards
- Champion and foster a data management group with CLRS
Education and Experience:
- This role requires 10+ years of experience in multiple IT areas that include data modeling, analysis, design, integration, evaluation, and development
- Demonstrated data architecture, data modeling and solution design experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Software, etc) required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience with Data Warehouse Architecture, Analytics design and implementation of large scale data systems
- Thorough understanding of leading data modeling principles, patterns and tools (e.g. ER/Win, Power Designer, ERStudio)
- Demonstrated experience designing normalized and dimensional data models for corporate business areas, knowledge of compliance areas a strong advantage
- Experience with designing and optimizing data integration architecture using ETL, in particular informatica
- Experience in design of solutions using Oracle OBIEE for reporting and dashboard requirements
- Experience working across global teams using Agile development methodology
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas to both technical stakeholders and business end users
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills both written, and verbal
- Prior experience working geographically distributed teams and matrixed relationships
- Demonstrated capability developing, maintaining, promoting data architecture practices and processes
- An understanding of technologies costs (e.g. level of effort, infrastructure costs, etc) and the ability to model their implications based on recommended architectures
Skills and Knowledge considered a plus, but not required:
- Experience using leading industry standard technologies. Examples include: Netezza, Oracle Exadata, Oracle DRM, IBM iLog, IBM Data Discovery, DAG Meta Center, Control-M, Endeca, Tableau, Tibco, and Spotfire
- Software Development experience (C++, C, Java, .Net, SQL, Web Services)
- There will be a requirement to do some travel to the US, no more than 20%