Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – thei...
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 550 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
Working as part of a team to provide a reliable and fully compliant service (in terms of quality and timeliness) to your agreed portfolio of Defined Benefit Pension Scheme clients.
The Defined Benefit (DB) Administration team operates in two locations - Dublin and Cork. The DB Administration team currently manages a portfolio of over 400 corporate pension schemes ranging in size from less than 10 members to more than 2,000 members. There are approximately 80 people working within DB Administration across the two locations. Administrators work within teams led by a Team Manager. Additional roles to manage and support the DB business include Business Unit Leaders and Client Managers.
Report to: Team Manager
Team size: Circa 8 Administrators and one Team Manager
- Work with the Scheme administrator on their portfolio of clients and schemes
- Completion of an Annual Renewal for and production and issue of individual annual benefit statements for all scheme members
- Process monetary transactions as required including contribution receipts / investments and benefit payments
- Work with the Scheme administrator to ensure all risk benefits (Life Assurance, PHI , premium protection) are fully in place for your schemes and premiums are checked and billed
- Deal with member queries including data changes, calculation queries, retirement, refund and transfer processing
- Manage all AVCs
- Complete annual member reconciliations and resolution of audit queries
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements at all times
- Ideally 1 years plus DB Pensions Administration experience in a consultancy firm, brokerage, life office or in-house administered pension scheme
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills and ability to provide a high level of customer service to your clients
- Ability to work within a team environment and a flexible approach to work
- High level of accuracy/attention to detail
- A keen interest in further developing a career in pension scheme administration
- Fluent English
- Successful completion of the Pensions QFA module (preferable)
- Working toward the IIPM qualification beneficial
I.T./Technical SkillsThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified
- Microsoft Excel to at least intermediate standard
- Working experience of Microsoft Word and Outlook also required
Mercer is an equal opportunities employer