Payroll Administrator - Contract
Kildare - Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: October 2017
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Payroll Administrator to cover a fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience processing end to end payroll.
Experience using Corepay would be a distinct advantage
- Assisting with completion of monthly and weekly payroll runs including all internal control checks and balances and preparation of bank file for electronic payment;
- Generation of monthly and ad hoc payroll reports;
- Processing of employee timesheets, checking that data is correct before processing, liaising with department administrators regarding any discrepancies or queries;
- Assisting with the implementation of an automated timesheet system;
- Thoroughly checking all data inputted and balancing of monthly timesheets;
- Monitoring PRSI weeks and ensuring they are correct for all staff members;
- Processing of P45’s and social welfare payments etc.;
- Dealing with both staff and departmental queries in a professional and confidential manner;
- Liaising with external organisations such as Revenue Commissioners and Department of Social Protection, including downloading of tax certificates from ROS;
- Keeping up to date with payroll legislation and implementing changes when required. This involves a close working relationship with staff in the IT department;
- Liaising with external and internal auditors in a professional manner;
- Working closely with accountants in the finance office to provide support and information to them;
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by the Payroll Manager.
- Have a thorough understanding of the application of information technology in payroll and excellent IT skills;
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the internal controls and checks required in payroll;
- Knowledge of CORE Pay software an advantage;
- IPASS qualification as advantage
- Demonstrate strong administration and organisational skills;
- Strong communication skills essential
- Have proven ability to work as a part of a team.
For more information on this role, please submit your CV as a Word Document