We're delighted to offer the opportunity for an experience manufacturing Packing operations manager.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To continually assess the production operation to ensure that optimum cost, quality and quantities are achieved and determine and test potential improvements.
- Lead a team to ensure that the total Operations team are focused on the most effective use possible of people, labour, plant and process.
- To ensure that the usage of ingredients and packaging is correctly controlled to give products of the correct cost and quality.
- To ensure that a safe environment for employees is maintained by providing systems which identify and minimise risks.
- To ensure that systems for factory hygiene are implemented and reviewed so that Customer expectations and legislative requirements are met and exceeded.
- To facilitate the development of a team culture primarily with direct reports and Line Leaders, Co-ordinators and Support Operators.
- Responsible for the efficient manufacture and timely despatch within the established parameters of food safety guidelines.
- Ensure that all processes are carried out to specification with due consideration to Food Safety, Quality, and legal requirement.
- To create a culture of continuous improvement and promote the use of operational excellence tools and techniques (lean manufacturing)
- Drive out waste in all its forms.
- Proven experience of management in a food manufacturing environment.
- A degree or equivalent experience in management / engineering discipline.
- Strong leadership skills and able to delegate.
- Sound communication skills, giving clarity and direction to the team.
- Involvement in project work related to achievement of demanding deadlines and co-ordination of multi discipline team.
- Track record of building and inspiring teams.
- Strong experience in driving and leading continuous improvement.