PR and Communications Manager
Harvey Norman: PR and Communications Manager
Do you love your bed? Is the softness of your sofa (one of) the most important things in your life? …even more important than the latest technological wizardry and gadgetry?
Do you want to tell your world (and ours) about the things that make your home extra special – and extra comfortable? Do you have boundless energy, relentless drive and brilliant communication skills?
Ireland’s biggest retailer in electrical, furniture, bedding and computers is on the hunt for an exceptional PR and Communications Manager.
This is a newly created position (we’ve never had one before) – so this is your chance to shape and make your role and tell us how it’s done!
The PR and Communications Manager will shape and lead our PR strategy in Ireland, drive exposure for all our products and services amongst national and local audiences, traditional and social media channels.
You will work with the senior management team and stores across the country to proactively build relationships, develop creative and dynamic PR solutions for our brand that will get attention, get talked about and introduce more customers to our brand – on or off line.
What kind of person are we looking for?
Highly creative, smart, efficient worker who has a nose for what makes the news and what gets noticed - someone who will think outside the box but is also comfortable working within pressurised deadlines and timescales.
Excellent writing and media relations skills (agency / In-house) are essential.
An active knowledge of all social media – with an eye on what’s coming down the track.
If you want to join a team of positive and dynamic people who aren’t afraid to challenge and push boundaries if necessary – then we would love to speak to you.
What will you be responsible for?
- Building and strengthening relationships with all key media, understanding and delivering on their needs with relevant, tailored and compelling angles and news about our brand
- Spotting opportunities to continuously promote Harvey Norman in a unique way amongst target audience – national and local
- Writing powerful, creative and accurate copy for all relevant media outlets – on and off line
- Identifying key issues, trends, research and insights from Harvey Norman experts and suppliers and taking these to target customers via tailored content.
- Developing formal and informal channels for efficient delivery of rich content to relevant media partners on a regular basis.
- Working to establish Harvey Norman and its people as a leading source for industry information, and product reviews.
- Develop a social media strategy for the business including monitoring methods and criteria for success.
- Establishing and managing our online social community – including full control of our Facebook page, Pinterest, Twitter and Google + - working with marketing team to develop quality copy
- Working with the online team to create compelling content and imagery in keeping with the brand tone of voice
Content and Imagery
- Developing total clarity around content, key messaging for the Harvey Norman brand, identifying key themes and developing guidelines, positioning, and tone of voice for each in keeping with the parent brand
- Identifying key sources within the business and from suppliers for content, including product specifications, focus products, reviews, photos and videos.
- Identifying sources of quality imagery and influencing the production of quality imagery that will make great content.
- Producing brand checklists and screening methods – which can be used to sense check outgoing PR content and material to ensure it appropriately reflects our brand.
- Maintaining photographic style sheets, working closely with the head designer and photographer to ensure production of suitable, original photography
Creating and Planning
- Finding opportunities to bring the brand to life in key customer forums, including online, in store, in advertising, and within the target media universe
- Understanding Harvey Norman target customer for each key theme/division/message and develop considered and compelling initiatives and content which deliver directly on their requirements.
- Keeping up to date and ahead of social and market trends both globally and within Ireland that underpin the categories and consumers that we touch. Identifying how these can be turned into stories or leveraged for more relevant content.
- Working closely with General Managers, divisional teams, and key store managers to identify strategic focus products and categories, and to seek out quality engaging content that is both newsworthy and interesting.
- Working with key suppliers from each division to understand how their brand sits within the Harvey Norman experience and how we can collaborate more closely.
- Produce a detailed PR and Communication programme including rigorous metrics for measurement and ultimate success.
- Maintaining a clear understanding of the marketing roadmap and identifying all areas where PR can assist with message delivery via all available channels.
Who will you be working with?
You will work closely with the CEO, Advertising Manager, the online team and creative team as well as our four General Managers across Electrical, Computers, Furniture and Bedding.
You will also be expected to build relationships with the wider Harvey Norman community including store managers and their teams – given that a significant part of your role will be to keep in touch and up to date with all aspects of the business, the latest trends, the latest thinking and any promotional initiatives running across the country.
The position is based in Dublin, salary level €35k – € 38k
Reference Question 3 below link: http://youtu.be/lpwYTz7nCXs