Successful applicants will be required to work within the complaints handling team and provide support to the Quality Support Department.
- investigate, adjudicate, manage and respond to, complaints received in relation to financial products and services, giving priority to those complaints received from claims companies and legal practitioners acting on behalf of customers;
- act as a key point of contact in relation to complaints queries, including the co-ordination of input received from internal Legal and Compliance departments.
- assist Quality Support and the Payment Protection Insurance department in the investigation of Ombudsman complaints;
- manage the co-ordination of internal and external partners, where appropriate and as requested, in resolving, or responding to, complaints;
- use the information gathered from the management of complaints to identify potential weaknesses in processes, policy wording or sales and fulfillment fields;
- escalate the issues identified as a result of the review described at (e) to General Insurance management, where appropriate;
- assist the Quality Support team with other projects/work as required – e.g. Third Party Quality Assurance, Fact-Find Quality Assurance/Risk Management;
- provide any other services ancillary to the above in accordance with reasonable requirements from time to time.
- make contact with the complainant, no later than 24 hours following the initial complaint, as required;
- acknowledge the complaint in writing to the complainant or their representative within 24 hours;
- investigate all complaints thoroughly and to the reasonable satisfaction of the relevant team manager;
- maintain a detailed record of all aspects of the complaint, including a record of all follow-up correspondence with the complainant or their representative and actions performed by the relevant Service Personnel assigned to the file;
- ensure all responses are framed in accordance with protocols and made in accordance with timelines set out in the Complaints Management Policy and the Consumer Protection Code 2012 (the "CPC");
- ensure all actions taken to resolve complaints are in accordance with the TCF and the CPC; and
- respond to and at all times deal with the complainant in a courteous and professional manner
This role requires experienced banking staff with particular experience in the area of Deposit & Current accounts.
- Minimum of APA qualified, QFA preferable.
- APA in Personal Lines Insurance.
- Must have completed the following modules; Savings Investment, Life & Regulation.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative to the appropriate team manager's satisfaction.
- Written skills of a very high standard, including the ability to present findings in coherent, logical manner, and;
- A good working and/or functioning knowledge of complaints IT systems.