Experienced Operations Supervisor required for rapidly growing operation in West Dublin.
Ensures that the Quality of the product produced in the assigned area meets established guidelines and expectations. Monitors, records and tracks production and works closely with technicians/operators to ensure that schedules are met, record keeping and reporting is accurate, and timely communication is given to all concerned. Ensures the production floor operation is consistent with the vision of the company/group while providing support and feedback to production personnel. Works with other Group Leaders on shift to resolve day-to-day and long-term issues. Reports to the Production Unit Manager.
- Experience in the injection moulding industry desirable.
- Must have 5+ years people management experience with the ability to develop people and identify talent.
- Should have a working knowledge of robots/automation systems and moulding ancillary equipment.
- Should possess a Plastic or mechanical engineering qualification, - minimum - Certificate in Plastics Engineering (Ideally National Diploma in Plastics Engineering) or have relevant industrial experience.
- Must be self-motivated, focused, and able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with all levels of employees.
- Must have high standards of Health and Safety and ensure compliance with the Health and Safety Site Systems.
- Must be able to work in conjunction with Quality to ensure Product Quality and compliance with the Quality systems at all times.
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have good numerate ability and be able to manage a budget.
- Should be somewhat computer literate.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks for self and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for shifts measures of performance (KPI’s) - strives to achieve high utilization, high yield and low cost of quality; prepares plans and schedules in conjunction with the Operations Controller.
- Plan/ direct group decision process for control/development.
- Leads and supports the production teams to achieve the manufacturing goals.
- Plan/ coordinate training, development and performance reviews of technicians/operators.
- Responsibility for Safety and Security of personnel in the production area.
- Responsibility for Safety and Security of machines, equipment and facilities of the production area.
- Uses and understands statistical process control; monitors the quality of the product through SPC.
- Uses and understands basic computer tools/programs for analysing results and/or compiling reports.
- Verifies all set-up production parameters and procedures are consistent with standards settings and makes decisions regarding cycle standards and process changes; works with process technicians to maintain set-up standardization.
- Responsible for making quality or processing/ tooling related decisions on the production floor and co-ordination of same with the process engineers.
- Lead and manage a high performing team/select no. of employees to deliver the defined business goals & objectives.
- Identification and development of talent to include performance management and succession planning (in the West Talent Gateway).
- Coaching / development of the employees using development and retention plans as appropriate.
- Monitor / analyse / communicate measures of performance to the group/plant.
- Co-ordinate communications with other production areas.
- Plan / communicate production schedule, quality requirements etc.
- Expedite materials, equipment, and resources as required in conjunction with the Operations controller.
- Coordinate the implementation of product / process changes with the process/project engineer.
- Plan / implement housekeeping programs.
- Delegate tasks to technicians/operators, having ensured that adequate training is provided.
- Develop and maintain production methods/procedures and all supporting documentation to meet the requirements of ISO9001/ ISO 13485 / ISO 14001.
- Act in accordance with the company’s Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.