Limerick Company has Operations Manager position.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reporting to: - Managing Director
Location: - Limerick.
Responsible for the Operational Management of the Company across all shifts. Responsible for maintaining effective & efficient operational procedures to support the smooth operation of the business within agreed cost ranges. To ensure plans and priorities are implemented through the empowerment of the team and effective performance management techniques in all operational areas of the business, ensuring that at all times the Customer is at the heart of our Business.
- Ensuring that the assembly cost centre is working to set monthly budgets as set out by financial department.
- That the assembly team-operate to output targets.
- Implementing a strategic process structure for Assembly area.
- Ensuring that staff are trained into S.O.P’s and adhering to same.
- Meeting and liaising with Night Shift Team leader.
- Proactively addressing issues and implementing solutions.
- Responsible for the rostering in line with budgets and ensuring that it is adhered to.
- Reporting to MD on a weekly/monthly basis.
Route & Driver Management
- Ensuring route optimization is proactively managed to ensure cost effective operation in line with set budgets.
- Ensuring the drivers are working effectively and efficiently while delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Managing diesel costs
- Managing maintenance of vehicles
- Managing driver compliance and ensuring relative legislation is adhered to.
- Managing the drivers and labour costs.
- Ensuring the warehouse is working to maximum potential
- Managing staff and labour costs.
- Ensure the stock locations are set and staff ensure they comply with this.
- Ensuring stock controls are in place, are effective and any issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently. Cycle counting and variance reporting in place.
- Ensuring that a livestock system is in place and stock audits are carried out on a regular basis.
- Responsible for all staff management, compliance, labour costs in line with agreed budgets
- Responsible for developing a team culture of cooperation and teamwork.
- Lead regular team meetings to effect two way communication.
- Liaising with the HR consultant on staff issues, development and training.
- Hiring staff in line with seasonal demands.
- Responsible for improvement around operational functions of the system i.e. livestock, location of stock and possible bar coding system.
Operations Management overall responsibilities
- Form and implement an operational strategy to achieve the key deliverables.
- Monitor overall progress of operation - plan, manage coordinate and report upon the work activities of the operations team including Stores, Drivers and liaising directly with Night Supervisor to achieve effective oversight of night shift activities to MD.
- Co-ordinate operations schedule and activities to ensure on time delivery, acceptable quality and completeness of customer orders, first time every time.
- Evaluate, update and improve all operating procedures for the operations department. Particular focus on introduction of SOPs across all business operational activities: Purchase POs and Goods Check-in, Product quality, Shortage elimination, warehousing work practices, Driver management and Route Optimization.
- Ensure operational objectives and KPI's are met through effective communication, controls and leadership
- Work closely with Managing Director to gain a full understanding of goals & objectives.
- Work closely with all departments.
- Planning of KPI's - establishment of project objectives and timescales
- Direct the daily activities to ensure a safe, clean and fair workplace
- Set exemplary high standards of productivity and performance
- Ensure staff are filling out required records and paperwork at all times
- Ensure staff received the required training to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Daily and Weekly workload planning and volume forecasting so as to achieve compliance with cost targets
- Live -stock management and establishment of warehouse pick / storage locations
- Vans and Goods In controls
- Live Stock and Product Locations Project- progress to agreed milestones TBA (as a priority), using NAV as key system support
- Assembly Methodology and Van loading- progress toward agreed customer-service levels milestones TBA on Errors and Shift Efficiency.
- Implement Vehicle and Driver Compliance with RSA and HSA
- Implement Vehicle Maintenance Matrix and Daily Trouble/shooting
- Route Optimisation to agreed budgets/customer service levels (in assoc with sales)
Ongoing review of KPIs against evolving Business needs
Food Safety ISO 22000
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and implementing all operational aspects of Food Safety/ISO 22000..
Health and Safety
- Ensuring all activities that are undertaken are in accordance with appropriate legislation and policies. Create a Safe workplace culture where workplace accidents are prevented.
- Undertaking of any other duties and responsibilities as may be determined.
KPIs will be as follows:
Daily stock cycle counting and Variance report- will confirm Effectiveness/completeness of stock control procedures
Daily Quality Control completeness: High-risk product check sheet completed daily for quality and Shelf-life
- Dump valuation weekly against agreed targets
- Number of Customer Quality Complaints Weekly
Operational Staff Rostering against agreed Budget targets for each cost centre
- Holiday entitlement control and cover management
Operational Staff Training and Development Plan
- Training Matrix for all Ops Team to support Team Culture
- Cross-training to facilitate Flexibility, Effectiveness and Efficiency in Ops activity
- Weekly Housekeeping Audit score to agreed average
- All CCPs monitored/controlled proactively on a daily basis ie Temps in Fridges.