OT required for St. Doolaghs Park Care & Rehabilitation Centre, Malahide Road, North Dublin.
Under indirect supervision, provides rehabilitative and developmental therapy and support services for ambulatory or inpatient clients within a specified patient care facility or clinical program. Directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance; facilitates the learning of skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, diminish or correct pathology, and promote and maintain health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tests and evaluates patients for therapy and support needs; assesses availability of on-site facilities, equipment, and/or services.
- Plans, organises, and conducts occupational therapy programs designed to help patients regain physical or mental functioning or to adjust to their disabilities.
- Monitors patient progress throughout treatment; prepares and maintains records and reports as appropriate, ensuring adherence to procedural safeguards and confidentiality requirements.
- Participates in training medical and nursing personnel in occupational therapy techniques and objectives.
- Recommends supplies and equipment; cleans and repairs tools and equipment as required.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
2 years experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology,
- Knowledge of occupational therapy services, facilities and equipment.
- Ability to assess individual patient needs.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Knowledge of a range of therapy methods and techniques.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to fabricate and fit a range of adaptive devices for individual patients and to instruct in their use and maintenance.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.