I am currently looking for an Occupational Health Nurse to join this busy environment. If interested please contact myself as soon as possible
Matrix Recruitment Group is currently seeking an Occupational Health Nurse to be based in Waterford.
As the Occupational Health Nurse you will work for our client, a Pharma company, in a contract role.
As an Occupational Health Nurse you are tasked with the provision of an Occupational Health Service, including health screening, ongoing health surveillance and specific workplace assessments, in order to ensure compliance with statutory and company requirements and best practice.
- To co-ordinate and complete medical assessments and health surveillances in order to ensure compliance with Health & Safety, Occupational Health Regulations and Best Practice.
- To co-ordinate and complete pre-employment medicals, exit medicals and medical referrals in accordance with company policies.
- To support the team of First Aid personnel on site to ensure compliance with statutory and professional standards.
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with required standards conforming to company cGMP, SOP, Health and Safety, Medical Standards and Code of Ethics.
- To maintain and secure confidential medical centre records and systems in accordance with statutory and company requirements.
- To provide follow up after accidents/ill-health at work, including liaising with the effected employee and their local area management, accident trending statistics and employee rehabilitation updates for managers.
- To develop and co-ordinate appropriate policies and systems to promote Occupational Health best practices and health awareness campaigns.
- To carry out pregnancy assessments.
- Statutory requirement: - RGN
- Occupational Health Diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy (taking blood samples)
- 5 years nursing experience
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Company Policies and Procedures
- Risk assessment techniques
- OH screening equipment and vision screening equipment
- Audio screening
- Communication skills
- First Aid Instructor
- Computer skills
Our highly experienced consultants are here to help find the right job for you. Apply now or get in touch with Cathal regarding this role on 059 9139070 for more information.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV's are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.