Night Shift Manager Required in North Dublin. Contact the HR Team on 01 8837104
To understand and deliver on performance targets that are set for our business. These performance targets are agreed upon by clearly understanding our Customers’ expectations in providing a FIRST CLASS DISTRIBUTION SERVICE.
The Shift Manager will drive continuous improvement within Keelings Distribution and manage change successfully by:
Creating a positive environment in which people are effectively managed and pride, dignity and trust are evident.
The scope of the Shift Manager's role will cover all aspects of the Distribution Operation on both a day to day basis and in terms of meeting long term planned objectives by the agreed deadlines. This is to be achieved while maintaining the highest management standards at all times and effectively interfacing with all other departments and providing support when necessary.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will manage the warehouse to the highest standard in order to contribute to the Distribution Centre’s objective of delivering a productive, cost effective, quality service to the stores.
Implementation of a range of process changes and improvements across the operation generating significant cost and productivity benefits for the business. You will lead and coach cross-functional teams to successfully achieve this.
We are looking for a strong energetic leader who can get buy-in from the existing operational team. You will have strong numerical and analytical skills, a proven track record in project/change management, and the ability to interact across all levels of the business
- To monitor the performance of the operation in terms of
- Quality Standards,
- Customer Service,
- Morale and Staff Relations
- To manage your team and resources in such a way that the Distribution Centre delivers a 'First Class Distribution Service'. .
- To work with Department Managers to deliver on operational excellence within the Distribution Centre.
- To support the Management Team at the depot in the management of the operation by coaching, sharing knowledge and promoting a proactive approach to managing the business.
- To consider the wider implications of individual Team member’s actions, and consider the impact one’s actions can have on the rest of the team’s ability to meet our targets.
- To produce prioritised work plans for the operation that will ensure partnership between the Team and effective use of resources and delivery on agreed action points or next steps.
- To create the climate and process whereby new ideas are generated and best practice is shared to improve overall performance and standards within the business.
- To provide strategic input to the operational planning process and to implement strategic planning.
- To act as Champions of, and to take ownership of, the business.
- To ensure all customer-driven change requests are implemented in full and on time;
- To develop and implement new initiatives to improve productivity, reduce costs, and increase performance across the operation;
- To manage all projects from initiation to closure to include managing resources, planning and prioritising activities, and measuring and reporting on progress;
- Obtain buy-in across functions for all change initiatives
- Significant experience running continuous improvement projects. Lean experience an advantage.
- Six Sigma/ Structured Problem Solving also an advantage
- Demonstrate strong time-management and organisational skills
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Strong influencing skills across all levels
- At least 5 years experience of successfully managing and implementing change within a large fast-moving operation
- Ability to lead and coach others and to positively challenge
- Analytical, with strong business acumen – excellent spreadsheet skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Process orientated and a systematic problem solver
- Deal with the impact of operational issues and constraints and come up with effective solutions and contingency plans.
- Third level qualification in Warehouse Management / Logistics / Manafacturing
- ECDL proficient with an exvellent working knowledge of MS Office