.Net Architect Required for Multi National Company in Dublin West. Rapidly Expanding Department, it's an Excellent Chance to further Architecture Experience.
Application Architect - Permanent Role -Dublin
Our Client has an immediate need for an Application Architect to facilitate the architectural design of their award winning Service Management platform. The candidate will join an Architecture team in a rapidly expanding SaaS company based in Dublin.
They will oversee the implementation of multiple concurrent solutions built on two platforms. The Application Architect will assist teams in design problems, platform best practices and standards compliance. In addition, he/she will focus on improving the quality of software delivery.
They will need a deep understanding of mobile technologies and platforms and also of service oriented architectures and distributed systems built on the .NET framework. The candidate must have experience of working in big data environments of 50 – 100 TB in data size over a large database farm.
The candidate will help in establishing new processes and procedures around governance, documentation and support of the development organisation.
- Develop and maintain enterprise architecture models, such as performance, application and security.
- Develop architecture governance strategy and controls to ensure consistency between various systems and components.
- Full SDLC involvement including review of development and testing activities to ensure architecture vision is being followed.
- Work with development teams in the implementation of processes which result in a highly simple, extendable and scalable architecture
- Work with third parties to integrate systems or components into the company’s products
- Research and assess emerging technologies and recommend technologies that can simplify development, reduce effort, or solve problems that are creating defects in current systems
- Write code for features that utilize new or unfamiliar technologies, coding practices, or languages
- 8+ years in technical leadership roles with a minimum of 3 as an architect.
- Experience with common patterns in distributed systems (e.g. REST, SOA, SaaS, web applications)
- Strong experience in the .Net framework (WCF, ASMX, MVC, Web API, Windows Services, WebForms etc.)
- Experience of microservices architectures
- Experience of distributed caching and related open source tools.
- Experience with RPC request/response, asynchronous communication, and message based communication (RabbitMQ, Broker/Bus).
- Experience of dependency injection and inversion of control.
- Experience of selecting third party products (Market scans, PoC, RFP etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Security best practices and integration with application authorization and access.
- Previous experience in SaaS based systems is a distinct advantage.
- Experience of public cloud services (Azure, Amazon)
- Experience of producing mobile solutions on iOS, Android and Hybrid platforms.
- Experience with multi-currency and multi-language (International) environments.
- Experience with Agile development practices, preferably Scrum.
- Minimum of a B.S in Computer Science or related field.