Manage engineering and New Product Introduction development projects to deliver the optimum result for the customer and the company. The position will report to the Engineering Projects Manager and
Manage engineering and New Product Introduction development projects to deliver the optimum result for the customer and the company. The position will report to the Engineering Projects Manager and will support both NPI and engineering projects. This role is based in our Parkmore facility.
- Manage the overall NPI project to deliver on both the customer and the company’s project objectives. This includes responsibility for schedule and resource planning, cost control, capital expenditure, quality, and safety.
- Manage the NPI projects through the design cycle from concept development through to full scale production. The project manager will be responsible for all DFM activities and will work closely with core operations groups to ensure the successful introduction of new products.
- Drive a data driven culture and effective problem solving approach.
- Support the sales effort for the project and provide Creganna with a competitive advantage through personal professional experience.
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship for the duration of the project, including all customer interaction and expectations. Continually seek and capitalise on opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Identify partnership opportunities and capitalise on "add-on" commercial opportunities within the project.
- Anticipate customer needs and propose alternative business solutions.
- In addition to NPI projects the candidate will also manage core engineering projects which will enable Creganna-Tactx to meet site goals. This will involve reviewing current manufacturing capabilities and capacity and identifying areas where improvements are required. Preparing project plans and costing’s to justify a change, or investment, and successfully presenting these proposals to key business stakeholders.
- Champion compliance to Creganna-Tactx Medical systems and processes
- Minimise project risk for both the customer and the company.
- Manage internal stakeholder expectations including revenue and profitability projections
- Mentor others in project management best practice.
- Over 10 years experience of technical project management preferably in the medical device industry.
- An honours degree in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or equivalent qualification.
- A strong background in DFM and six sigma, with excellent problem solving skills and root cause analysis.
- Process validation and a history of production transfers.
- A strong background in both metals and/or plastics processing.
- A proven track record in delivering major projects.
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.