Motor and/or EL/PL Claims
Claims Handler – Motor and/ or EL/PL
Claims Handler is responsible for the investigation, negotiation and
resolution of Pre-litigation claims, delivery of team goals and
departmental objectives whilst managing a specific allocated claims
- Proactively manage a portfolio of claims from notification
- Determine file strategy
- Investigate and negotiate claims to a successful outcome within agreed authority limits
- Arrange and attend liability and settlement consultations, where necessary
- Monitoring provisions and ensuring cost effective and timely resolution of claims
- Prioritise work and meet all targets
- Work as part of a team internally but also externally with select retained expert advisors.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, governance and quality standards
- Focus on controlling the cost of claims, while meeting customer expectations.
- Preparation and attendance at client reviews of their claims portfolio
- Authorising claims cheques within designated authority levels
- Continually seeking process improvements in team performance, process efficiency and client service.
- Meet all MCC/CPD requirements annually
Experience & Technical Skills:
- MCC qualified, CIP minimum.
- Relevant professional and /or 3rd level qualification.
- 3+ years’ experience within claims in the General Insurance Industry
- Knowledge of Public Liability, Employers Liability and/or Motor
claim technical requirements, regulatory and operational requirements
related to financial services / insurance companies
- Exemplary negotiation and claims settlement skill set.
- Analytical and decisive, with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Be honest, ethical, sincere and principled
- An excellent administrator with a pedantic eye for detail in managing your claim files.
- Be flexible, self-motivated with strong organisational skills.
- Results driven and goal focussed.
For more information on the role and company please contact Honor on 01 664 1214
Salary: Salary is negotiable depending on the experience of the successful candidate, along with a generous benefit package
note: Not all opportunities are advertised in order to satisfy the
discretion of our clients, please contact an AIR Consultant for a
AIR Recruitment specialises in the
recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Product
Development | Pricing & Reserving |Newly & Nearly Qualified |
Part Qualified | Solvency II | Trainee Actuary| Actuary – Life and
Non-Life| Claims | Reinsurance |Underwriting | Captive | Treaty
Specialists | Risk Analysts |Operations| Compliance |Project Managers
|Business Analysts |Wealth Management| Pensions |Risk Manager | SII |
Non-Exec |Executive Directors |Actuary|