We are currently recruiting for a Microsoft Developer & ICT Administrator to join our team in Kildare.
KARE provides support to people who have an intellectual disability and their families. We were founded in 1967 and work in the mid and south Kildare, east Offaly, west Wicklow and northeast Carlow areas of Ireland. We believe that people with an intellectual disability are important and should be a part of their community like everyone else. We work with each individual who uses the service to support them to develop their skills and abilities so that they can live the life of their choice.
KARE is an innovative organisation that strives for continuous improvement and best practice in all it does. The organisation is accredited at European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Recognised for Excellence 5-star level and are the 2016 EFQM Ireland Excellence Award winners.
Applications are invited for the following Fixed Term (2 years) whole-time (37 hours) position:
Microsoft Developer & ICT Administrator
The person appointed will assist in improving the use of SharePoint and Office 365 by designing, developing and testing applications and process automations to meet KARE’s requirements. The person appointed will also provide support to the organisation in helping to manage its ICT to ensure effective systems are in place to assist in all the organisation’s work.
Requirements for this position:
- Have 2 to 3 years’ experience with the development and maintenance of Microsoft applications (e.g. SharePoint Online, Office365 Suite etc.).
- Have designed, developed, implemented and provided maintenance within Microsoft applications.
- Have experience with Office 365 development.
- Have experience of using Microsoft Applications (SharePoint, Office 365, SQL etc.) as well as 3rd Party Applications to develop applications and process automations to meet the business needs.
- Have a thorough understanding of data protection and information security processes and policies.
- Previous experience working in IT Support/Systems Administration.
- Excellent working knowledge of, and experience supporting, Windows Server and Desktop, SQL, Office 365 and Networks.
- The drive to be innovative in systems development and problem resolution.
- Clear logical analysis and problem solving abilities with strong planning and technical skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise at all levels.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and be capable of multi-tasking, co-ordinating and delivering projects on time.
- Previous experience working in the not for profit sector would be an advantage.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- A full clean driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
Key Responsibilities for this position:
- Working with the Business owners in KARE to design and program technical solutions to meet business requirements using Microsoft and 3rd Party applications and solutions.
- Providing technical support during systems testing, user acceptance testing and applications release.
- Providing post-implementation support to users on the application developed.
- Working directly with users to address minor changes and bug fixes.
- Understand the systems and business processes which are pertinent to KARE’s environment.
- Understand the Office 365 roadmap, including upcoming features and development best practices.
- Ensure all sites are adequately equipped to maximise the use of available ICT resources.
- Maintain all relevant information of the organisation’s systems, including an accurate and up to date inventory of ICT hardware and software.
- Ensure effective disaster recovery plans are in place and operational along with adequate routine back-ups.
- Manage both physical and logical security of all systems.
- Ensure the correct installation and configuration of all hardware.
- Ensure constant and efficient support is delivered to all users of the organisation’s hardware, software and telecoms.
- Assist with the management of 3rd party service provider contracts.
Desirable Qualifications: A relevant ICT qualification (e.g. B.Sc, Microsoft Certification etc.)
Informal Enquiries to: Jason Browne, Mobile 087 2708726
Salary for this position is in accordance with the Department of Health Consolidated Salary Scales, Grade 6 (€45,849 - €56,032).
This role represents a great opportunity within a friendly, positive and professional environment. If you are available and meet the selection criteria, we would be interested in your application.
To apply: Please email your current Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter outlining how the criteria specified are met to Apply button below.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday, 20th October, 2017
KARE is an Equal Opportunities Employer committed to staff training and development