We are currently recruiting a Metrology Technician for a role based in Cork.
Lotus Technical Services is a leading solutions provider offering a complete range of automation and technical services specifically designed to enhance productivity and efficiency, and to maximise the value of our customer's core business. We are currently recruiting a Metrology Technician/Engineer for a role based in Cork.
- Assist engineers with the standardisation of site-wide CMM infrastructure by facilitating, encouraging and coordinating continuous improvement.
- Support day to day manufacturing requirements with respect to CMM’s.
- CMM program support (modification/ control/ transfer of programs).
- Assist engineers with qualification and validation of new or changed CMM’s.
- Assist in the design and modification of CMM fixtures.
- Conduct and assist with gauge R&R Studies (Repeatability and Reproducibility).
- Actively support all defined Value Stream and Plant goals and objectives.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Actively support all Compliance Initiatives with the Value Stream and Plant.
- Assist cross functional teams in the implementation of continuous improvement activities, generation of work instructions and equipment checks.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure CMM programs/infrastructure adheres to GMP, 21CFR, GAMP, ISO at all times.
- To adhere to the company’s procedures as detailed in the SOP’s.
- The successful candidate will have a Certificate / diploma in Quality / Manufacturing / Engineering or equivalent apprenticeship with a minimum 2 year in CMM programming PC-DMIS/COSMOS/CALYPSO programming experience desirable
- Knowledge of mechanical inspection methods and tools used to determine product acceptance desirable
- Experience in the operation of CMM software / programs (PC-DMIS/COSMOS/CALYPSO).
- Proficient in set-up and operation of inspection equipment
- Good knowledge of engineering drawings and the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Knowledge of 21 CFR 820, 21 CFR 11 and European regulations associated with the medical device industry preferable
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software
Lotus Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer