Working with the LotusWorks team as a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment and tooling for the production of medical devices
A valued and trusted partner to the world’s leading companies. We are committed to service excellence through our talented people who are empowered to be innovative and best in class.
Galway is a City and County which caters for everyone. Even though Galway City is one of the fastest growing cities it still retains that friendly feeling! With Culture, Dining, Socialising, Sport, Leisure and a state of the art University and College, there is a fantastic lifestyle on offer if you are relocating. If you already live in Galway, well then lucky you! Join us and work with us to deliver the excellent service we are renowned for with our clients. Be part of something great.
Your Job Purpose
Working with the LotusWorks team as a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will collaborate and provide design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department. You will work in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment and tooling for the production of medical devices. You will have the ability to design equipment concepts on your own and understand internal customer requirements and quote projects based on these requirements
- Generation of equipment designs which meet manufacturing, safety, CE and performance requirements. Designs include new tooling, fixtures, automated machines and modification/upgrades to same.
- Generation of quotations for equipment solutions and manage deliverables in line with this quotation.
- Provide technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of technicians/engineers.
- Working as part of the Equipment Engineering group this person will design new equipment for manufacturing. This person is required to take a lead role in the design of the equipment from concept to deployment.
- Work closely with engineers to understand their equipment requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external machine build in order to ensure that the equipment is built according to specifications and is properly handed over to manufacturing.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet requirements.
- Ensure equipment meets CE marking standards.
- As part of the design team, this person is expected to work closely with both internal and external specialists to complete equipment related projects.
- In conjunction with EH&S this person will Evaluate new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects. Understands and proactively follows through on the Environmental Management Procedures that have been identified as relevant to position.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- The person should be qualified to an appropriate level in engineering and have a demonstrated track record in the design of equipment.
- Experience of AutoCAD/Solidworks, Pneumatics, Workshop Equipment, and Machine Building will be essential.
- The person should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Healthcare Contribution
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
Not ready to apply, or have some questions? Call our Talent Specialist’s on 07191-69783 and we will be happy to help!
LotusWorks is proud to be listed in the Best workplaces 2017
Empowering talent we care about for over 27 years
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer