Materials Controller|6Mt Contract|Dublin|Please send your CV to email@example.com
- Supporting the Undertaking Materials Manager in the management of materials.
- Ensuring stock levels are set to optimize customer service while minimizing the financial impact.
- Assisting in the Management of associated tender and contract administration process for material supply.
- Liaising with the Engineering Technical Offices and other specialists re materials specifications and other inputs.
- Attend meetings with internal customers to review their requirements.
- Ensuring our supply base provide the levels of service we demand by constant monitoring of lead times, prices and continuous dialogue.
- The materials controller is responsible for the running and the analysis of Sap MRP & UIS out-put, in order to generate requisitions & purchase orders for the supply of material
- To maintain appropriate stock level to meet the business needs but ensure stock levels are not excessively high as to tie up IE Capital
- The material controller shall create and maintain materials master records, source lists and vendor information records for all materials which currently have demand
- Following periodic reviews of usage to plan, the material controller shall re-schedule material deliveries where programmers are delayed, to avoid excess stock
- The material controller shall create and maintain vendor delayed delivery reports for key vendors, and expedite all delayed deliveries
- Ensure all Material purchases are compliant Procurement Policies & Procedures
- Attend CME Depot / Workshop Control Room Meetings / Material’s Meetings to ensure service levels to our customers are achieved
- Employees must comply with Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Keep a current Personal Track Safety and manual handling certification, and attend safety management training as required
- Always take reasonable care to protect yourself and others
- Always utilize all protective clothing and equipment properly
- Develop good working relationships.
- Must be able to work with multiple departments concurrently
- Ensuring value for money for IE in all purchases
- Ensuring timely delivery of the materials to eliminate excess stock
- Constant revision of stock levels to identify areas were stock levels can be reduced without effecting service to the customer
- SAP MM Experience (MRP and Order Creation).
- MS Office particularly Excel & Outlook.
- General business diploma
- Inventory management qualification
- Certificate in public procurement
- Experience in Material Planning Role
- Teamwork & Flexibility
- Commercial Awareness
- Planning, Monitoring & Control
- IT Skills to include SAP knowledge
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Denise on 0906478104 or email
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!