An Post is looking to recruit a Marketing Communications Officer to support our Marketing Communications Manager in relation to marketing activity/campaigns within An Post. This is a temporary assignment covering maternity leave and is based in Dublin.
This is a temporary assignment based in Dublin covering maternity leave. The role reports to the Marketing Communications Manager and mainly involves co-ordinating the production of marketing activity. It also involves working closely with a wide variety of internal and external resources, working on multiple marketing projects at any one time. This job provides an excellent opportunity to contribute to marketing activities across a full range of products and services.
- As part of a team, support the Marketing Communications Manager in the management, development and implementation of marketing campaigns in order to promote brand awareness and increase revenue for An Post services.
- Co-ordinate (and stock manage) the creation of marketing materials for events such as sales presentations, trade shows, brochures, advertising, websites, case studies, technical presentations and targeted campaigns.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders such as sales, philatelic, regulatory, operations and third parties to develop and provide marketing support and PR which is responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develop, implement and manage customer promotions and competitions ensuring they are effective and any incentives or rewards are issued in a timely manner.
- Monitor competitor activity and maintain a thorough knowledge of An Post marketing performance through detailed market analysis, in order to understand the impact of marketing activity and to inform marketing decisions.
- Contribute to the development of the marketing plan and monitor its performance, initiating changes necessary to ensure volume and contribution targets are met.
- Maintain adequate supplies of required marketing materials including product literature to ensure availability to customers at all times.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience and a background in Marketing with a relevant third level qualification.
- Good organisational and communications skills (oral and written) and a flexible approach, along with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a busy marketing environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Computer literate with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience of Web content management
- Excellent commercial awareness and a proven ability to respond to market changes.
- Results orientation
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving and Analysis
- Attention to detail
An Post is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome suitably qualified applicants form all sections of the community.
You will find full details of this position and our recently advertised Customer Insight Manager position on www.anpost.ie/careers