Team Lead Clare
The overall responsibility is to Manage the Persona production area including the Ramp to meet launch quantities, transition the line to ‘steady state’ where it can be managed by the operations team. . The individual will be a member of the Manufacturing Transfer Team but report to the Associate Director of Manufacturing , working closely with the Associate Director of Engineering and their designates to ensure an effective ramp /transfer to production.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for Ramp of Persona Lines to meet build plan requirements to standard costs with full compliance across a 3 cycle shift
- Recruitment and training of all employees in line with staffing plan
- Investigation and resolution of any variances to build plan; output, compliance etc.
- All people management responsibilities for persona.
- Performance management of all people related issues; compliance, attendance, time keeping, etc
- Identify and implement potential improvements in output, yields and compliance. This Position will be responsible for manufacturing approval of the pilot run summary report which is a critical component of the transfer. Approval of this document is one item which will be required before product can be released for commercial use.
- Project Manage the ramp of New Products to include;
- Having detailed knowledge of the project plan and links to the S&OP process (New products Supply – Demand) to meet the October 2013 launch date for Persona CR products. Ramp of new HAAS/INTEC process to support PS supply plans
- Develop training plans in co operation with L&D specialist
- Support the Manufacturing Transfer team during qualifications, validations, pilot builds and capability studies.
- Prepare and resource build plans to meet customer demand
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
- Degree / Diploma in production management, engineering or other technical discipline.
- 3 / 5 years People Management experience in a regulated environment
- 3 – 5 years Project Management experience with previous experience of NPI introduction or transfers
- Knowledge and working experience of Six Sigma, FMEA and capability analysis
- Strong ‘hands on’ background with previous knowledge in a CNC machining environment
- Excellent communication / influencing skills and the ability to work with other departments
- Some previous customer interface experience would also be an advantage