We are hiring a Permanent Manufacturing Engineer (nightshift) with Stryker Limerick. Degree qualified with exp of automated systems.
As a result of continued growth and development of Stryker’s Flagship knee implant product, Triathlon, a unique and exciting opportunity has been created for a permanent Manufacturing Engineer on nightshift in our Limerick plant. We have recently transformed our Triathlon manufacturing process with pioneering automated technology to meet increased demand. This new technology includes 54 new machining/measurement processes, all connected via a centralised control system.. .The Manufacturing Engineer role will take ownership of the process on the nightshift, working closely with the team leader and will have proven skill and experience in running an automated line. He/she will be self directed, highly motivated and possess the ability to work on all aspects of the line to ensure a quality product is produced in a timely fashion. He/She should be able to work as part of a team while also having the confidence to take projects to completion on his/her own.
- Problem Solve and Debug of Manufacturing systems.
- Responsibility for the identification, prioritization and execution of corrections to address issues which impact manufacturing line OEE performance on a daily basis
- Working with wider team to ensure timely resulution of all production issues
- Take a lead role in structured troubleshooting issues and identifying activities which improve efficiency using engineering data analysis tools (Pareto Analysis, MTBF, MTTR, Cycle time Analysis, Lean troubleshooting)
- Ensure absolute adherence to all Quality system and Company Safety System requirements
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
- Ensure GMPs and system safety and promotes compliance.
- Engage and participate in the delivery of the BU KPI’s
- Continuously improve the performance of the business unit.
- Provide leadership and direction to the BU on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within the BU.
- Participate in FMEA and PPAP activities associated with product transfers and launches
- Support all capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation
- Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- Validation, Appraisal and support of coating suppliers, machining suppliers and raw material suppliers e.g. Forgings, titanium etc.
- Support process development and cost reduction activities within the business units
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- The individual must have a minimum of 2 years experience in an engineering role within a high volume, automated/CNC manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills with both Internal and external agents.
- Self starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- The individual should enjoy working in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated team environment.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Competent in preparing and implementing technology improvement strategy.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your cv and a cover letter stating the reference MELK1 to irelandtalentreferral@ stryker.com