Lean Manufacturing Engineer with experience in areas such as Lean Manufacturing, TPM, & Continuous Improvement, capable of leading cross-functional project teams. 3 years experience. Automotive environment an advantage.
Lisk is committed to the design and manufacture of world class quality electro-mechanical products which meet or exceed our customer's specifications, and are delivered on time at exceptional value for money. Lisk works within the concept of continuous improvement while striving to improve the quality of life of our employees and their communities.
Industrial / Manufacturing Engineer (Lean) –
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Lisk has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer with experience in areas such as Lean Manufacturing, TPM, & Continuous Improvement, capable of leading cross-functional project teams and liaising with senior management to ensure the successful completion of projects.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leading and delivering various project types, including identifying process improvement projects, design / development / implementation of new equipment / automation and cost saving projects.
- Daily support to production, manufacturing, design, quality and maintenance departments.
- Planning, budgeting and leading of continuous improvement and /or new product/process based projects.
- Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues / practises, consistently striving for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing manufacturing techniques to provide robust improvements.
- Work across multiple product areas identifying ways to improve existing processes utilising lean methodologies
- Monitor scrap quantities and causes, working with the production and quality teams to minimise the scrap rates.
- Assist with defining specifications for new equipment purchase / modifications and sign off on qualification / acceptance.
- Implement process improvements and monitor successful achievement of proposed savings using DMAIC, lean methodologies, process flows, 5S tools, etc.
- Establish and implement the CTQ metrics to determine / control process stability
- Assist in defining and monitoring the daily, weekly, monthly TPM checks with maintenance.
- Investigation of process problems, troubleshooting issues, taking corrective action where deviation occurs.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Engineering / Lean Operations or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a production / process engineering role applying Lean tools, Six Sigma, DMAIC, SPC techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs.
- Disciplined structure approach to troubleshootong
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
- Automation experience is desirable.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and / or ProEngineer.
- Experience working in an automotive manufacturing environment an advantage.