The primary purpose of this job is to support manufacturing through the continuous development of manufacturing processes and support day to day operations to achieve BU targets.
The position is part of a team within the Engineering department that contributes to the overall business metrics. This position will Provide project leadership on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other company Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved
- Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through NPI/New technology/equipment introductions
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Preparation and project management of all line extensions/NPI including supporting documentation as reqd.
- Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells i.e. Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments continuous improvement program.
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- New Product Introductions & Product Transfers
- Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Projects Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Projects Engineering group.
- Preparation and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for specific projects.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc).
- Ensure all process developments, NPI etc are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Ensure all production equipment meets all company Health & Safety requirements by the completion of required documentation.
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new equipment.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
Quality HSE&E Strategic
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (TO PERFORM THE JOB TO ACCEPTABLE STANDARD)
- Excellent proven Project Management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem Solving skills – to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making – required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility – must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering /