To assist the Production department in improving the manufacturing of product and develop t
To assist the Production department in improving the manufacturing of product and develop the most optimum molding process and tooling and automation that meets or exceeds customer requirements on both new and existing tooling. This person will provide the company with the technical resources to ensure that current and future projects are run in accordance with customer specifications and in-house specifications and standards.
- Preferably a Degree in a related Engineering Discipline with minimum 5 years high volume manufacturing experience.
- Must have a very good knowledge of Injection Molding (standard process and Multi component), Processing, Ancillary equipment and automation systems.
- Preferably worked in either the Medical, Packaging or technological industries.
- Must have dealt with Customers in a previous employment.
- Preferably have some knowledge of Real time monitoring systems.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of experiments (DOE) and demonstrate use of same.
- Must have indepth -knowledge of medical device validations
- Should have a good knowledge of the principles of WCM, JIT, SMED, and Kaizen.
- Must have knowledge in computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spreadsheets. (Also knowledge of MFG Pro would be a distinct advantage).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to travel as required by the position.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks; must be detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must be able to deal with all levels of employees and work across various departments.
- Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the introduction of all new products into the company and compiling standard specifications for each process and monitoring all existing production to standard specifications.
- Ensures process optimization using statistical techniques.
- Works with the Production Group leaders (PGL’s) in troubleshooting processing problems.
- Establishes relationships with the customers and Equipment/ Raw Material suppliers in pursuit of continuous improvement and on-going business development.
- Attends schedules and facilitates internal meetings to help establish priorities and assign tasks.
- Solves, in conjunction with the Quality department, customer related problems/issues as needed
- Act as a liaison between the CEC (Scottsdale) and local Manufacturing.
- In conjunction with the CEC, research new processes and/or systems for manufacturing and implement new processes and systems as developed under the direction of the operations manager.
- Instructs others, formally or informally, regarding manufacturing related skills or knowledge and assist in the training of employees on new processes or systems introduced to the company.
- Coordinate the development of documentation in the Production and Technical areas in line with ISO9001:2000 and ISO 13485 requirements, and review the systems with the Group Leaders and the Quality department on a regular basis to ensure conformance to same.
- Communicate on a regular basis (or as appropriate) with external suppliers of materials and equipment and provide regular feedback on any issues to the management team.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.