Our client is a leading financial services firm providing secured finance to a range of SME and high net worth clients. Due to continued growth they now wish to hire an Irish Managing Director to lead a team of three in Dublin.
Job Title: Managing Director
Report to: Group CEO & Board
The Role - Summary
Our client is a leading financial services firm providing secured finance to a range of SME and high net worth clients. To date the firm has lent nearly 1 billion from their 7 international offices. Due to continued growth they now wish to hire an Irish Managing Director to lead a team of three in Dublin.
- To manage the oversight of the Irish entity
- To manage the budget for Ireland
- To take responsibility for all targets and growing the loan book
- To act as key relationship manager to clients: Borrowers and Co-Lenders;
- To ensure staff act appropriately, professional and compliantly at all times;
- To create and present lending proposals ensuring client and introducers expectations are managed;
- To identify the most appropriate lending opportunity's for clients' needs and ensure new business and product recommendations fall in line with the company policy and strategy;
- To establish and develop client relationships with introducers, private clients, charities, trusts, etc.;
- To grow and enhance the reputation the firm's reputation in Ireland
- To market and communicate overall lending strategy and new products to potential and existing clients - borrowers and co-lenders;
- To proactively seek profitable new business and increase partnership building with introducers
- To ensure the ethos and culture of the firm is reflected throughout the team and to clients/contacts
- To sit as a member of the Boards with responsibilities for reporting the businesses performance
- Any other relevant duties as required.
Technical skills/competencies required to undertake the role:
- Ability to successfully facilitate organisational development within a fast growing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective at delivering work on time and to a high standard - goal orientated and task driven;
- Good commercial judgement and creative problem solving skills including negotiation, conflict resolution and client handling skills;
- Good management skills with ability to influence, engage direct and indirect reports;
- Self-reliant with ability to resolve issues independently but consult when necessary;
- Good written, oral, interpersonal skills.
Knowledge and Expertise required to undertake the role:
- Previous experience in running small and dynamic businesses which must evolve quickly within target environment;
- A thorough understanding of secured lending and Peer to Peer processes and procedures;
- A sound understanding of the regulatory requirements.
- You should have access to a network of prospective clients (HNW etc.)
- Strong pedigree of working in Banking or Investment Banking. Experience of Commercial Lending or Private Banking desirable.
- Ability to understand and assess client risk profile
KEYS: Managing Director; CEO; Chief Executive Officer, MD; Private Banking; Commercial Lending; Investment Banking; Banking