Managing Director needed for Leading Manufactor
Title: Managing Director
Accountable to: Board of Directors
To ensure the company operates profitably and in an ethical manner in order to fulfil the objectives of its shareholders, customers and staff.
Morgans Fine Fish is an established reputable Irish seafood company harvesting and processing quality fish products for customers in the retail and foodservice sectors throughout Ireland. The company now wishes to recruit a highly experienced Managing Director who will ensure that the company continues to operate profitably in an ethical manner in order to fulfil the objectives of its shareholders, customers and staff.
The role of the Managing Director will be to develop and implement the company’s strategic plan effectively in terms of financial performance and business growth. He/she will be charged with the daily management of the company in addition to developing the business plans required for the long-term sustainability of the business. The Managing Director will report to the Chairman of the Board and will be answerable to the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Devise and implement strategy towards the profitable sales growth and operation of the company;
- Develop strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the Board;
- Regularly review the company’s competitive environment and take appropriate measures to increase and strengthen market share.
- Look for favourable opportunities to expand the company’s activities.
- Put in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems;
- Closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Maintain and seek to continually improve the operational performance of the company;
- Take remedial action where necessary and inform the Board of any significant changes;
- Ensure that the products produced and sold to clients are of the highest quality in accordance with the company’s quality policies and accreditation standards;
- Take overall responsibility for raw material selection and timely purchasing and utilisation.
- Ensure that the company meets all its legal requirements, including those relating to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Take overall control of acquisition, maintenance and efficient utilisation of the company’s physical assets.
- Build and maintain an effective executive team.
- Ensure that all staff are effectively employed and adequately trained to perform their responsibilities and operational tasks in an ethical and responsible manner.
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees;
- Build and enhance the team culture and spirit with the company.
Communications & Reporting:
- Maintain regular structured communication with the Chairman of the Board;
- Assume full accountability to the Board for all company operations;
- Represent the company to major customers and business partners.
- Maintain strong communication with all members of staff.
The successful candidate will display a strong track record of professional achievement in the commercial sector and will be expected to satisfy the following selection criteria:
- A minimum of 6-8 years relevant work experience at a senior management level;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and evidence of translating strategic objectives into commercial success;
- Excellent operational/project management skills including financial and budget control;
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff as well as develop and build the team culture and spirit;
- Substantial prior experience of forming effective partnerships and strong work relationships at all levels with customers, staff, management, Board and other key stakeholder partners;
- Evidence of applying highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills to instigate change and seize opportunity;
- Extensive food sector-specific knowledge while not mandatory is highly desirable.
Please send a covering letter with Curriculum Vitae by selecting the apply button before close of business on Friday, 17 February 2014.