Manager / Supervisor
G4S Secure Solutions (Ireland) Limited is a leading international security services company operating in some 100 countries around the world with over 430,000 employees. We are currently the largest security company in Ireland.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Manager / Supervisor, based with our client in the Cork; this is a demanding high powered work environment. Whilst primarily based in the Cork area there will be some travel involved.
The responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Supervise a team of Security Officers.
- Manage team resources and personnel to best effect.
- Enforce existing client/G4S policies and procedures
- Seek ways of enhancing service by making frequent service improvements, suggestions and encourage the security team to do likewise.
- To maintain and build on our client relationship.
- To work on one’s own initiative.
- At least five years in a similar role.
- Experience in rostering and maintaining contract cover.
- Excellent knowledge of CCTV, integrated access control, intruder alarm systems and procedures in a Control Room environment.
- Strong IT skills - including good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, a Fetac Level Six qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience in providing comprehensive oral and written reports in a structured clear and informative manner.
- Experience in managing a team of staff, and dealing with issues that may arise.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of responding calmly and effectively to situations.
- Effective multi-tasker with proven ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to achieving a high standard of customer service.
- Anticipate customer requirements, and plan accordingly.
- Seeks out and acts on customer feedback.
- Issue suggestions that may benefit the customer satisfaction level and benefit the business.
- Communicates expected results, rather than expected completion of task.
- Tackles individual and team performance problems constructively but firmly.
- Gains commitment and inspires others to give their best.
- Set own standards of achievement without needing to be given them.
- Acts as a role model to encourage other's commitment.
- Makes decisions regularly with delegated responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for carrying through decisions made.
- Recognises the timeliness of decision making and focuses on results.