Manager, SMB Sales
This position is based in our EU Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.
The area: SMB Sales and Operations
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! As small business experts, we help get local entrepreneurs on the map, and deliver a beautifully simple, intuitive experience that enables customers to grow their businesses with us. By spotting and analyzing customer needs and trends, our innovative teams of strategists, account developers and customer support specialists work together on scalable solutions for each business, no matter its age or size.
The role: Manager, SMB Sales
With a rapidly growing array of sales teams, it's important to have seasoned, charismatic leaders who guide our client sales teams to success. As a Sales manager, you lead and coach high-performing account teams that use consultative sales skills to understand our advertisers' needs and deliver measurable solutions. You also work with the Sales leadership team to set strategic objectives and run the day-to-day operations for the business. Sales managers help their teams deliver on ambitious targets, and roll up their sleeves to partner directly with clients to exceed revenue and merchant growth targets across markets and verticals. You are an excellent communicator with a proven ability to train and motivate a large team, and you take an analytical approach to sales management.
- Represent the SMB Sales Team in target setting for your region and market. Take ownership for delivery of revenue target for your market and sales program devising strategies to meet quarterly quotas.
- Develop and implement best practices for your sales programs and markets. Ensuring that your team is always up to date with the newest advertiser solutions.
- Work with and own projects among the wider management team to deliver cohesive and co-ordinated strategy development of the sales programs.
- Manage a team of SMB sales representatives and team leads, working on the growth of Google's advertiser. Coach and manage your team to develop sales and account management skills and contribute to the management of the wider market team.
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development.
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- Broad sales management experience in an online business. Proven ability to leverage account management, relationship building and planning to increase revenue from existing sources.
- Experience leading teams, with a strong focus on coaching and mentoring, and demonstrated success developing sales teams and hitting revenue targets.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail. Self-starter who is comfortable with a rapidly-changing environment and working to targets.
- Ability to think strategically, and ability to make changes to meet strategic needs within your market.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with fluency in English.