A permanent opportunity exists for a Manager (Financial Reporting) in the Finance Department. The role will be under the direction of the A
A permanent opportunity exists for a Manager (Financial Reporting) in the Finance Department. The role will be under the direction of the Associate Director, Finance, responsible for managing the financial and cost accounting operations of the Athlone site, including managing compliance activities under U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley, establishing and maintaining accounting policies under U.S. GAAP, managing the monthly accounting closing process, preparation of site financial statements for the company’s Irish entities, including preparation of Irish statutory accounts under IFRS, liaison with external auditors and managing the financial reporting team at the Athlone site.
KEY AREAS OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Monthly accounting close, financial statement preparation of all Irish Legal Entities in line with pre-defined corporate timelines
- Accounting policy compliance; Sarbanes-Oxley compliance; internal control maintenance
- Monthly Cash-flow Forecasting for all Irish Legal Entities
- Management of Accounts Receivable Function
- Management of Inventory Management Function
- Management of Sales Master Data
- Responsible for preparation and submission of statutory returns (VIES, VAT, Intrastat, CSO Returns)
- Lead contact with both external and internal auditors (PWC and Stowe & Degon)
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for all Irish Legal Entities under IFRS standards
- Drive efficiency and standardisation of processes and activities within the financial reporting team
- Managing the team of financial accountants and associates within the financial reporting team on a day to day basis.
- Qualified accountant with at least five years post qualification experience
- ACA, ACCA, CPA Preferred Accounting Qualification
- Demonstrated experience of working to pre-defined corporate reporting timelines
- Demonstrated knowledge / experience of working with SAP / HYPERION ERP Systems.
- Demonstration of technical accounting competency.
- Solid working knowledge of both US GAAP and IFRS Accounting Standards
- Strong Communication Skills a pre-requisite coupled with strong decision making capabilities.