Maintenance Technician (Shift Work)
6 month contract
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
- In this position you will play a key role in relation to the operation, maintenance and continuous improvement of production equipment, through breakdown repairs, record of processing equipment settings and adjustments, preventive maintenance, continuous improvement projects, maintenance of spares and consumable stocks, training and coaching of production/packaging staff etc. In addition, the Engineering technician is part of a Production/Packaging team, and is expected to work with the team in order to achieve production goals.
- To be familiar with all relevant S.O.P.'s (Standard Operating Procedures) and Work Procedures for the operation and safe running of equipment.
- To assist with training of Tool Setters on machine set up and adjustment.
- Communicate relevant information to management and staff in Engineering and other departments. This may include notifying current or potential problems, status of problems (e.g. expected repair time for a breakdown) etc. Communication may be verbal, written in a log book or e-mail, Team Meetings, etc.
- Continuous improvement of production process equipment, by identifying and implementing improvement projects that will improve the operating effectiveness of equipment.
- Co-ordination of, and liaison with, external specialist contractors, engaged in relevant work on site.
- Responsibility for one or more specific areas as and when assigned, e.g. specific production line(s) or area(s), Engineering Workshop, spares stocks etc.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and GMP during maintenance work, including maintaining the workshops and engineering storage areas in an organised and tidy condition at all times and ensures the correct storage of tools and parts.
- To participate in all training and assessment activities related to the position, e.g. GMP training, equipment technical training, Health & Safety requirements etc.
- To undertake additional tasks as assigned by the Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Manager.
- Senior Trade Qualification or National Diploma/Degree
- Experience of hands-on maintenance and troubleshooting of Tablet filling and packaging equipment desirable.
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Pharma / Food experience desirable but not essential