MEP Director Building Services - Dublin - Permanent - URGENT - €Excellent - See spec for all the details
Director Building Services
Our client is Ireland’s leading all-island multidisciplinary Engineering, Environmental, Project Communications and Project Management Consultancy employing over 370 talented people nationwide.
They are currently recruiting a Director to lead the Building Services Division (M&E). The position will be based in Dublin.
The successful candidate will be joining a recognised leader in the delivery of consultancy services in Ireland. They will be offered a dynamic, rewarding career with varied and interesting projects. They offer a comprehensive, structured professional training and development programme. They also pride themselves on delivering a first class quality service to their clients, based on recruiting, developing and rewarding the best professionals in the business.
- Chartered Building Services Engineer with more than 20 years’ experience ideally gained in a Consulting Engineering practice(s) in Ireland
- Degree qualified
- Have undertaken senior design roles across a broad spectrum of building projects including State funded, Commercial and Industrial
- Significant experience in client interfaces and contract management with strong client links
- Have been responsible for the Technical and Commercial Management of projects including the Budgeting and assignment of MEP Resources within fee and profitability limitations
- Possess excellent communication abilities, both written and oral, and will have inter-personal skills that encourage team working and staff retention
- Be capable of guiding the development of the MEP team in order to maintain a prominent position in the industry and to recognise and respond to the changing needs of the industry
- Support group policies and strategies with a proven ability of implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In support of the business plan, develop an overall set of competitive goals for the operation
- Manage budgets and aggressive goals to agreed targets, without impacting customer service levels
- Maintain good relationships with the other functions within the group, maximise cross-functional workings and assist in developing an integrated operations plan for the whole company
- As part of the senior management, contribute to the effective running of the operation
- Responsible for operations and budget
- Take prime responsibility for developing new business including Client contact, Tender Submissions and Client Interviews.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Sound knowledge of relevant design codes and specifications legislation and practices
- Provide leadership in setting, implementing design (technical) and quality compliance
- Leading the development of new business (sales to new clients) and winning business with existing clients
- Developing systems and processes to enhance the efficiency and performance of the operation
- Setting high standards of performance across the team
- Ensuring good communications within the department and to other stakeholders involved within the Group
- A thorough understanding of terms of professional appointments, contractual arrangements, procurement and project management
- Capability to manage all staff in their section including management of costs and time
- Understanding of budgets, profit and loss accounts, management accounting systems
- People management skills; including interviewing, recruitment, performance management and reviews, motivation and conflict resolution
- Ability to deal with clients; including ability to sell; resolve problems with clients; generate new work and satisfy client requirements
- Good site experience, including construction support, surveys, meetings and generating snag lists
- Good computer skills in using standard office software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic understanding of specific building services design tools, such as AutoCAD, HEVACOMP and similar.
The execution of the successful candidate’s duties will be supported by the Senior Management Team along with the Marketing, Financial, Quality and Human Resources division.
What now. If you wish to discuss this position further please do not hesitate to contact Paul Murphy on the number provided alternatively you can submit your CV by pressing the Apply button above or below.