A company that focuses on prestigious, high value construction projects is recruiting an M&E Estimator for a role in Dublin. This market leading company has built that position through a highly skilled workforce and excellence in their processes. Evidence of their success can be seen in awards in safety and quality management while they have also been recognised in a prestigious 1,000 Companies to Inspire report.
You will join a team that is passionate about what they do and committed to sharing knowledge and ideas to ensure outstanding results.
This company greatly values their people and as such, actively fosters a culture of personal development. Many of their top managers and directors were appointed through internal promotion and in this company, you will have the opportunity to avail of comprehensive training and development.
This role reports into the Estimation Manager and the purpose of the role is to support the Estimating & Design Department in the preparation of Cleanroom Design & Build tenders to include architectural, mechanical and electrical for adjudication by management.
- Development and implementation of a multidiscipline approach to architectural, mechanical and electrical tendering process including acknowledging, checking, analysing of incoming tender documentation, including specifications and drawings.
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Selection of appropriate subcontract and material suppliers.
- Generation of estimation documentation.
- Liaise with subcontractors / vendors and dealing with queries, RFIs, etc.
- Liaise with Client/Design Team during tender process and arrange meetings as required. Identify scope for design alternatives and value engineering, discussing with appropriate bid team members
- Ensure implementation of company Technical Procedures with respect to Design Build activities.
- Appraise sub-contractor/supplier quotations.
- Develop relationships with customers, end user clients and supply chain partnerships.
- Highlight any areas of concern / risk in cost proposal.
- Attend post tender negotiations with Client.
- Knowledge generation in building services including statutory and regulatory developments.
- Focus on technical innovation and value creation in assigned projects.
- Prepare information packages for handover to construction team, if successful.
- Attend handover meeting and brief team on tender bid.
- Undertake project debrief, eliciting feedback from sites, to improve construction.
- 3rd level qualification in related discipline such as Building Services, Mechanical, Electrical or Quantity Surveying (Mechanical and Electrical Experience)
- 3-4 years’ experience in the Construction industry
- Previous estimation experience