An immediate need exists for a Systems Engineer within Sentenial’s Technical Operations team. Using custom built technologies along with open-source tools, our Technical Operations teams keep Sentenial’s customer-facing products running, robust, and secure 24x7x365.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining high security Payments server Infrastructure
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of infrastructure.
- Monitoring of production applications, including designing and implementing automated methods to monitor production applications.
- Developing and maintaining operations tools.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with production systems
- Documenting production systems.
- BS in Computer Science or an IT related discipline.
- Minimum of three years industry experience in Linux Systems Administration.
- Experience working in 24 x 7 production environments.
- Experience working with Server hardware in a datacenter environment.
- Good knowledge of Open Source Technologies.
- Good knowledge of monitoring, alerting and systems planning.
- Good knowledge of network methodologies.
- Experience with at least three of the following technologies:
- Linux (preferably Red Hat)
- Bash/Python Scripting
- Virtualization (preferably Xen\KVM)xcellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with building highly-available and scalable systems
- Experience of working with secure protocols and methods (https, ssh, sftp, ftps, pgp)
- Familiarity with ISO 27001
- Experience/ knowledge of Financial / Payment Applications is an advantage
No assistance required from agencies at this time. Thank you.