Ergo is an Irish owned IT Services company established since 1993. Led by CEO and co-founder John Purdy, Ergo is headquartered in East Point Business Park and cur
Ergo is an Irish owned IT Services company established since 1993. Led by CEO and co-founder John Purdy, Ergo is headquartered in East Point Business Park and currently employs 180 staff members. The company is organised across two distinct business units – IT Infrastructure and Software Solutions. Ergo's international business, Fenergo, was established in 2009 to focus on software sales to the Financial Services sector internationally. We presently have regional offices in London and Poland with future growth forecast in other markets. Our innovative, energetic working environment provides excellent opportunities for professional candidates seeking to develop and grow their careers. Ergo is heavily committed to employee engagement and in fostering a culture that rewards and recognises excellence. Ergo has received several awards including:
Overview of Role:
- John Purdy - IT Person of the Year, ICT Awards 2011
- Best Workplace award 2011 and 2012
- Deloitte Best Managed Company 2012
- Microsoft Country Partner of the Year 2010
- ICT Private Sector Project of the Year 2010
Working on-site with one of our clients in Central Dublin, on permanent basis the Linux Administrator will be reporting to the Head of Technical Operations managing administration of all Linux Servers, including the test, production and internal system setup.
This role is responsible for ensuring all operations runs efficiently and without interruption 24 / 7 / 365.
- Linux security (server hardening)
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience with tuning and patching Linux servers for performance and security
- Working experience of Backup and Recovery Technologies
- Experience working in real time 24*7 web environments
- Systems Monitoring (strong understanding of SNMP, Nagios,Cacti, Splunk)
- Experience of virtualization technology (Citrix XenServer, VMWare)
- Windows Server Administration
- A bachelor's degree with qualifications in either Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or IT related fields.
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Knowledge of Installing and administering Ubuntu and CentOS Servers (or similar)
- Sound knowledge of all things internet: Internet routing hierarchy,domain names and address resolution, protocol stacks, HTTP, SMTP,TCP network peering, public and private IPs
- Working Knowledge of Disk Storage technologies
Refer a Friend and you could be entitled to our referral bonus, subject to the terms and conditions. Contact our Recruitment Team for more information.
- Comfortable with providing 24 hour support on rare occasions when needed
- ITIL knowledge and experience (problem management /incident management) would be a distinct advantage