Lotus Technical Services have a vacancy for a Lean Manufacturing Engineer for a role based in Cork.
Lotus Technical Services is a leading solutions provider offering a complete range of automation and technical services specifically designed to enhance productivity and efficiency, and to maximise the value of our customer's core business. We currently have a vacancy for a Lean Manufacturing Engineer for a role based in Cork.
As Lean Manufacturing Engineer you will play a leading role in the development and implementation of a sustainable Program Portfolio and Lean New Product strategy. The position will involve supporting Project Teams to deliver new products and new business systems to the Engineering function within the company. You will have responsibility for the development of new standards for project and portfolio management.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Lean New Product strategy that will target three main work streams: Lean Product Development, Lean Process Development and Lean Project Management and Execution
- To develop a model and its associated tools based on lean thinking that will consider the entire product life cycle,
- Support the New Product Development Site Implementation Strategy
- Ensure Lean principles are embedded into the product and process development activities.
- Lead Standardised processes, well-defined portfolio measures and steadfast documentation adding value.
- Implement Metric Driven approach to the delivery of Projects and Programs in timely manner.
- Provide user training, system support and control user access on portfolio management system
- Support the development and Implementation of Business Systems for the NPI Engineering Function to ensure best practice,
- Implement Company Business Plan Objectives and strive to exceed Business results
- Identify system for capital spend and budget requirements for NPI projects.
- Ensure all transformation changes are conducted to the highest of standards in a safe, compliant, and effective manner
- Manage operational and process development activities for the development of innovative processes that facilitate the manufacture of new Products
- Develop and foster a continuous improvement culture
- The successful candidate will have an undergraduate Honours Degree in one of these fields or similar: Engineering, Business Systems /Lean Operations or related disciplines with at least 5 years overall business experience required
- Experience in multiple verticals across Life Sciences (Pharma, Med Tech, Bio) desirable
- A Masters degree in Lean Operations, Process Excellence, Engineering/Operations Management is desirable
- Previous project management & people management expertise on developing and implementing business processes and improvements.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Proven track record in leading significant Change initiatives that have delivered breakthrough results for an organisation
- Demonstrated leadership, training delivery, and deployment of project management/Lean at multiple levels of an organisation required
- People management knowledge and experience, and strong cross-functional business acumen required
- Knowledge of stage gate process and appreciation of project resource and financial modeling
- Ability to "see above" the complexity of business issues and translate issues into discrete problem statements that could be analyzed and sized
- Lean Black belt certified desirable
Lotus Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer