A leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology is looking for a talented Lead Software Engineer to join their team.
Lead Senior Software Engineer - Instruments (.Net)
- Permanent Position
- Limerick Location
- Negotiable Salary with attractive benefits package
A leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety needs across the healthcare continuum is on a massive recruitment drive and hiring range of Software Engineers.
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. We are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you! My client has over 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join their new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick. .
Be the Difference in Software Engineering
We are looking for a highly talented Lead Software Engineer (Instruments) with a passion for delivering software products supporting the patient care continuum to join their Diagnostics Systems function. You are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions. You are a strong team leader, experienced in the full software development lifecycle, including with agile methodologies, and have experience leading a software development project including giving technical guidance and mentoring less experienced software engineers.
Be the Lead Senior Software Engineer (Instruments)
- Be a 'hands-on' technical lead contributing to the software development effort (specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components ), as well as technically lead a team of software engineers
- Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
- Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Architect/design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in software development,
- A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- Multi-threaded C#/.NET development
- Windows Embedded development including Multi-threaded development
- Experience with serial protocols (rs232, es, rs422) and TCP/IP and socket development and knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- Developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development
- Experience with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Experience with C++/C
- Experience with VxWorks operating System
- Direct experience leading software teams and projects
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
To find out more and to apply please click the link below or get in touch with me directly on 01-6455 250 or